83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
hi, my real name is Martin Clements. i used to own an 83 yammy MX80 dirtbike. it was a 4 speed, 4 stroke. and slow. thats why i sold it. and bought a quad. i havent ridden a dirtbike in 3 years. and i want to pick up another one. b/c i miss riding a bike. my dad has a 72 Honda XL175 enduro bike. but he wont let me ride it. im looking for a 125, 2 or 4 stroke. but perferably a 4 stroke. im 5' 6" weigh about 147 or so. the only time i get to ride my quad is with my dad. and thats almost every 3 months. give or take some. so this year and next year i want to be able to ride more with my friends. which is hard because my quad has no rear suspension. and its a 86 SuzukiLT250EF. Saturday morning last week, ( 2 days ago) i heard that my friends sister's boyfriend is buying a 2004 Yamaha 660R Raptor. and my friend rides a KDX 200 2 stroke. so there is no way im going to be able to keep up with them. im hoping either for a selectable 2wd/4wd 350-500 quad. or a 125 dirtbike. i'd really like to eventually have both. but im thinking the dirtbike might have to come first. the problem for me is not the power its the height of the dirtbike.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Martin :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

As far as bikes VS quads ... the GNCC uses bike mounted camera men for the quad races because they are faster than the quads. I would go with the scoot and show your buddies the rear knobbie. It will not be long before there will be for sale signs on their quads.

Check out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for tons of great info on bikes. Use search and you will get lost in there for days. :) Start a new thread listing your height, weight, ridign terrain etc. and you will get a bunch of opinions.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom