cosmosays

Oct 11, 2005
hey all.....let me start by saying hello and thanks for reading,...ok i have a 1996 kawi kx250 that i just bought and it didnt run in 4 years due to no back axel...so i bought it and took the carb home...i cleaned it with a hole can of carb and choke cleaner..it looked reall nice i cleaned the floatbowl needle and main jet, i put it back on and turned the gas on to run the bike and out of the 2 symetrical drains on each side pour out gas when the peatcock is on...idk what the problem is and i need help i dont wanna run the bike like this...thank you..

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
sounds to me like the "needle valve" is bad. This is connected to the float. should be an easy fix.
your float may be stuck,try tapping on the side of the float bowl lightly with a screwdriver handle,if this dont work I would consider the needle valve..

Crazy4nitro :cool:

Last edited:

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
My 97 CR250 does this occasionally even if it is clean. The float gets stuck and yes, do exactly what crazy4nitro said, hit the float bowl a few times with a screwdriver handle. It works.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
I've done the same thing. I did the ol' tap the float bowl with a screw driver trick and it quit leaking after that.

If that doesn't work, I'd just take the carb back apart and reassemble, taking care that everything is put back together right.

Best of luck!

DrF324

Oct 11, 2005
Hey buddy used to have the same problem with an 01 KX125 and it is just the float sticking open u probably got a piece of trash or sumtin that u didn't get out and an easier way to clean the carb is to tear it down make sure u have all the rubber and paper gaskets off and put each piece of the carb in a carb vat it has an acid in there that gets everything clean but if u leave the gaskets they will get all messed up and u will have to buy more so make sure u get them all out first.Good luck and tell me how it goes.Also clean the carb with carb and choke cleaner when ur dun. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom