96 yz250

Mar 16, 2007
hello all,
im having problems with me rm125 2001 this bike recently cost me £715 for a new gearbox and fitted got it back had a few hours of riding it and now it wont start.
The first thing that i noticed was there was a strange noise coming from it (sounded like the piston workin only louder)but the bike was driving great so i drove it back to the van and as soon as i got 30 yards from the van it started losing power and felt abit boggy so i put it into the van and when i took it out it wouldnt start.
It kicks back when i try to start it has anyone got a clue as what it could be
I have just ordered the manual for my bike and it is in the post coming from usa it mite take a while to get to me in northern ireland
could it be the rings or the big or wee end please help as i dont no and dont want to leave it in to get fixed AGAIN!! if i new what was rong when the manual comes i will try and fix myself

p.s.
i have another bike in the shed yet another none starter 91 yz250 was told who i bought it off its a 96 hence my username it fould its spark bought sparks still nothing
kicked it till my leg was sore them tried bumpin it at the closed hill untill i couldnt push the bike any further lol
can any body help on any of the bikes if i new what was wrong it would be half the battle insted off standin scratching my head looking in my shed with to mean looking machines and not able to here them tick over

many
thanks all info welcome

kawirider88

Dec 12, 2007
then it might actually be your power valves are really dirty and built up with carbon and s**t,,and if not that then your cylinder needs to be re plated cuz ur losing compression at the top end maby even new rings would help,,theres alot of stuff that could be wrong you know wish i could help more...

Top Bottom