newbie w/ question

ChrisDP

Sep 18, 2002
Hi, I just picked up a new to me bike, it's an '88 200. The price, $75 including new tires and plastics. The bike doesn't appear to have been abused, just neglected, but it's missing a few things to make it trail worthy. Mainly a silencer and ignition rotor. After sticker shock on the cost of a new one, I'm looking for a used one. So, my question is...What other bikes (and years) interchange with that rotor? thanks.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Don't you mean Stator? That is a rather expensive item if you are on a budget. Cover still in place? As for the Silencer, it can be expensive too.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:eek: I didn't say it! ^ he did! :)

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
FYI, The rotor (or flywheel) is the part that is attached to the crankshaft and spins. It contains a magnet that energizes the coils on the stator that does not move. The stator is bolted to the cases. I've got an '83 that has no spark, but I haven't had success in removing the rotor to see if I have a stator or a rotor problem. I also have a scrap '91 motor with a rotor and stator. If I ever get my rotor off, I'll sell you the part that I don't need. Keep your eye on eBay. It may be faster. I hope that the rotors are interchangeable. Does anyone know for sure????

ChrisDP

Sep 18, 2002
I just spent some time on the Kawasaki website going through parts diagrams and so far it looks like the rotor I need is common only to 83-88 KDX 200. No 80's or KX's or anything like that. I'm gonna check with the local dealer to see if they can cross reference it but it's not looking good. I may just have to spring for a new one.

On a brighter note I pulled the spark plug and discovered a brand new wiseco forged STD bore piston. It appears to have never been fired.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…