NHRA Infineon Pro Stock record field

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
It was a great day at the races.

Yeasterday we were lucky enough to make a Fast Friday Auburn Speedway where Mike Ferrea was in fine form and today a record feild at Infineon...

God fuel is neat.

Makes we want to learn more about it.  

<SPAN class=postbody><SPAN class=postbody>Fred Camarena finished in the final position on the Pro Stock Bike ladder after a best of 7.189 at 185.36 mph, a bump mark that made this grouping the quickest 16 in history. He will start his race day opposite Treble. Pro Stock Bike results </SPAN>

http://www.nhra.com/2003/events/race15/results/saturday_psb.html[/size]</SPAN>

<SPAN class=postbody></SPAN>&nbsp;

<SPAN class=postbody>Terry Vance was announcing and laughing about the fact that these times are faster than he was running on fuel 15 years ago.</SPAN>

Last edited:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Everyone on the planet needs to hear a fuel Hemi launch. Other than a NASA rocket or a jet plane, there is NOTHING that compares. Heres' something I found on the 'Net:

"Now I've been to church and I've been to the drags, and brothers and sisters, for those of you who have never heard a Hemi on nitro, get thee to the drag strip when the Fuel cars are running. Get thee a pit pass, and bring thyself to a Fuel car being tuned up. Listen to the overwhelming sound of what must be the closest thing you can hear in this life to The Sound Of God. Reach out, brothers and sisters, and bask in the glory of the almighty Hemi. For I have heard the Hemi testify. And I believe! Yayass, I believe."

:thumb:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
SFO ~ Were you able to get any cool action shots?

Pacific Raceways was robbed of the bikes this year. We had every other 4-wheeled bracket. :think: And Larry finally broke his 0-9 record here in Seattle. There ain't nothing finer than watching the BIG BOYS & GIRLS race. :thumb:

jib

Jan 23, 2000
I own a super comp dragster, and have been to many national and divisional events on the east coast. You think it's cool watching too fuel cars from the stands, try standing between them when they leave the starting line..

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by gwcrim
Everyone on the planet needs to hear a fuel Hemi launch. Other than a NASA rocket or a jet plane, there is NOTHING that compares.
:thumb:

I've been to the NHRA event in Ennis before. Man, you ain't kiddin'!! I've seen NASCAR, IRL, and loads of good ol' boy racing and none of which compares to the sight, sound, and FEEL (yes you can feel it) of a top fueler. To watch those cars come off the line is truely a rush.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
And did y'all see who finished #2 in PSB? None other than Hardley B. Davidson! Just goes to show, if you throw enough money into racing, you'll get something someday.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
The only thing on andrew and gt's bikes that is harley is the name. EVERYTHING on those bikes is machined in Vance and Hine's shop. They are complete one offs. Having 400 extra cc and 50lbs less weight than the jap bike doesn't hurt either.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
...yeah, and the motor's porsche.

Isn't that bike the 'worked' V-Rod?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by nephron
...yeah, and the motor's porsche.

Nope, motor is all H/D on the V-Rod. Porsche engineers helped w/ the fuel & exhaust system as well as using the existing platform to smooth out the inherit flaws of a twin. Actually one of the tuners (from Porsche) lives right out in our area so we got the scoop early.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002

The V&H Harley is a Harley in name only. The engine was carved out of billet by V&H and has absolutely nothing in common with any other Harley ever built. In fact, the race bike is a pushrod engine, the V-Rod is OHC.

The V-Rod engine is a nice piece. Too bad it's wasted in the V-Rod. Forward controls? YEEEECK!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by gwcrim

The V-Rod engine is a nice piece. Too bad it's wasted in the V-Rod. Forward controls? YEEEECK!

If you haven't ridden one, you don't know what you are missing. It is truly a comfortable bike, and handles well.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I rode one last summer. Great engine. Style is in the eye of the beholder. But I don't like forward controls. That engine in a Buell chassis would be a complete hoot!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by jib
I own a super comp dragster, and have been to many national and divisional events on the east coast. You think it's cool watching too fuel cars from the stands, try standing between them when they leave the starting line..

&nbsp;

I would agree!&nbsp; I have been on the starting line many times.&nbsp; I crewed on my buddies Comp Elim dragster for many years.&nbsp; I have been to many of those division meets and alot of Nationals too.

The car I worked on was a B/ED and ran (still does :))&nbsp; 7.0s @ 185 :aj:

&nbsp;

jib

Jan 23, 2000
" The car I worked on was a B/ED and ran (still does :))&nbsp; 7.0s @ 185 "

7.00's from a apx 400 ci's of single carbed engine is plenty quick.

My dragster will run 7.30's @ 180, and that's more than enough for s/c.

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by jib

7.00's from a apx 400 ci's of single carbed engine is plenty quick.&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Yea it is, actually its 358 cubes, gotta love that over 2.2hp per cubic inch!

&nbsp;

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Offroadr
, gotta love that over 2.2hp per cubic inch!

PFFFFFFTTTT, we can do that on big bore YZFs running rock gut pump gas. :confused:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I'm not sure anyone knows what the top fuel motors are making anymore (are they even still dynoing them, or just testing them at the track?)--what? 5000-8000hp out of 500 inches?

...but if anyone wonders just one of the reasons why the Hemi design rules (excluding weight)--intake valves (on top fuel cars, which I don't watch much) are around 2.5 inches, exhaust around 2 inches, and the bore is slightly smaller than the sum of those two.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I don't think there's a basic V8 dyno that could measure them. But 5-8000 is in the ball park. That's more than a diesel locomotive puts out.

All that power from a Mopar engine! :laugh:

(And don't try and say it ain't so. The crank will bolt right in a 440 or 426 Hemi block. So it sure ain't a Chebbie.)

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
No MOPAR about it anymore, Its all TFX and BAE now

Top Bottom