IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Went out to IRP (I refuse to call it ORP) yesterday to catch a few cars on the strip. They're testing for the upcoming US Nationals.

Here's a couple I thought were cool.

Attachments

• _MG_4410 (Custom).JPG
    _MG_4410 (Custom).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 131
  • _MG_4465 (Custom).JPG
    _MG_4465 (Custom).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 137
  • _MG_4397 (Custom) (2).JPG
    _MG_4397 (Custom) (2).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 126

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
sweet pics..

i was in medicine hat in mid-july, i really felt for the nitro-methane funny car guys... strapped to a freaking rocket. consistent 6 second passes.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Cool stuff Indy. I love that IRP facility. Had a lot of fun races (and a few not so fun) there.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Thanks Rich.

You know, there's something way too cool standing 10 feet from 8000 hp being unleashed! Oh the noise!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Very few of them made full runs.. they'd shut them down about half track or so. But, I was only there for a couple of hours...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
IndyYZ85 said:
Thanks Rich.

You know, there's something way too cool standing 10 feet from 8000 hp being unleashed! Oh the noise!

I sat first row near right at the starting line at Route 66 for the NHRA Spring National a couple of years ago. It was unreal seeing a funny car go over 330 mph. :yikes:

If you want to see the most amazing NHRA photography going check out the stuff from Marc Gewertz. He's the Sr. Staff Photographer for the NHRA, and has a MAGIC eye.

His brother Coby puts together this cool little magazine called "Church - Cars Not Culture" . The second issue was devoted to just Marc's shots. I learned more about how to shoot cars and bikes in an hour of looking at the pictures from Marc than I did in 30 years of reading and shooting. This is a MUST HAVE book for anyone who is serious about shooting something other than "me too" pictures.

http://www.carsnotculture.com/usa/Zine2_1.htm

2_1zine.gif

Last edited:

RiDiNGCRF

Jul 16, 2007
Awesome pictures! I raced at that track about 12 years ago when I did the Jr. Drag Racing. I'd love to make a return sometime when ((if)) I ever make it to the "pro" level.

I'm hoping to go from Super Comp., to Top Comp., to Top Alcohol, and my dream would be Top Fuel.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Nothing quite like the sound,smell and feel of a top fueler at full boogie, it's just a sensory overload.

Steve

Top Bottom