RECENT POSTS

no powerband

i have a 1995 yz 250 nd it will not hit powerband ive bought fmf fatty pipe wit turbine core 2 silencer, v force 2 delta reeds, moose torque spacer,i dropped my front sprocket a tooth nd im running 12 49 gearing, nd it just will not hit power band its got power but not like a 250 should have i could stand it up in the first 3 gears wont come up in 4th or 5th. any suggestions!!! plz help!!!!!!!

sixds said:
maybe gunk in the carburator, maybe your powervalves are gummed up..
cleaned whole carb with carb cleaner nd blew air compressor theough jets already powervalve seems to work

sixds said:
maybe gunk in the carburator, maybe your powervalves are gummed up..

alright finally took powervalve side cover off todai nd ran it down the road threw all the gears only seems to be opening a tiny bit. could the shaft that goes down to the bottom case be causing this or is it just gummed up??? help!!!!!!

You didn't take the leftside cover off did you? That's your powervalve stop and prevents the powervalve from closing too much and venturing into your cylinder. To check movement take your right side cover off, but yeah this sounds like a powervalve issue. They're very easy to remove on these bikes.

kx125412 said:
You didn't take the leftside cover off did you? That's your powervalve stop and prevents the powervalve from closing too much and venturing into your cylinder. To check movement take your right side cover off, but yeah this sounds like a powervalve issue. They're very easy to remove on these bikes.

n i took the right side off but its not moving to much nd it moves when i move it wiht my hand nd it doesnt seem gumed up when i do that but hadly moves when i have the bike runnin throught the gears nd stuff is there possibility that it can be inside the case or no ??

Take your whole right side cover off and check the governor, see what shape its in, but first remove your powervalve its really simple, clean it, try it again. Ride the bike to warm it up then put it on a stand with the right side cover off and rev it up full throttle in nuetral. It won't sound good but as long as you don't hold it pinned for too long it won't hurt the bike. If the powervalve doesnt move then, it has to be your governor is messed up or something isn't connected properly down there.

kx125412 said:
Take your whole right side cover off and check the governor, see what shape its in, but first remove your powervalve its really simple, clean it, try it again. Ride the bike to warm it up then put it on a stand with the right side cover off and rev it up full throttle in nuetral. It won't sound good but as long as you don't hold it pinned for too long it won't hurt the bike. If the powervalve doesnt move then, it has to be your governor is messed up or something isn't connected properly down there.
took whole powwervalve out cleaned it nd everything stuck it bac in nd it still just opens a lil bit any suggestions plz help!!!!!!

Your powervalve should snap open about a 1/4 turn and at about half throttle to open.If it does not then YOU must use deductive reasoning and start at one end or the other and determine where it is worn,loose or not put together properly.If I remember correctly that set up sucks and is prone to wear and coming loose,maybe somebody that has one can help,or roll up the shirt sleeves and reference a manual!Have fun!