Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I changed my brake fluid in both the front and rear not to long ago (really needed it since the fluid was black!) and I haven't rode it since cause my bikes not running yet:( but now I noticed when I hit the front brake it makes a squicky sound. Could it be from a loose calipercause I had to take one of the bolts out to take the disc cover off? The pads are brand new EBCs and I use Bel-Ray DOT 4 brake fluid. Will check them tommorow tho so any help is appreciated.:)

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Assuming that you have installed everything correctly, maybe its just rust or brake fluid on the rotor from lack of use.
I'd try cleaning it with some steel wool and brake cleaner and see if that solves the problem.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I have the same thing with an Am-Pro oversized rotor and DP Pro-MX pads on the front. I replaced both at the same time, brand new. It's always squealed when you're on the binders hard since then, I don't mind.. At least now it stops.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Geez I miss the little hose peice for my WD-40 can :whiner: . What happen was I remember like 2 weeks ago I give my front hub and bearings a WD-40 bath I guess I accidently got some of it on my rotor causeing the sound. Once I get it running and start riding it, it will go away fast. :cool:

whyz

~SPONSOR~
Nov 18, 2001
mine did it too

So i told my son hey listen to this man Squeallllllllll ... the front brake..
then he says hey just spray something on it,,and I said noooooooo!!
Somethings wrong.. When he left i sprayed some Maxima chain wax and it went away,Go figure? i dont know but there must be something wrong i think.
It doesn't do it any more.. but still wanted to know why,,\

Thanks..

Top Bottom