Oct 5, 2010
I know little about bike maintenance(NOOB). I'm thinking of buying this 2005 crf 50 for my grandson. I noticed that the chain was very rusty/brown looking. Is that something that I should be very concerned about? Does wd40 and old take care of the prob or does this rusty chain cause probs with sprockets etc.? Does this tell me that the current owner did not take care of the bike maintenance? Please help me before my purchase :bang: I hope I'm in the right forum lol

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The rusty chain means you should figure on picking up a new set, oem chain and sprockets, and deduct it from what the bike is worth. Does it come with a title and not stolen comes to mind first! Check the air filter and tranny oil to see if its just neglected/abused. Before it gets started. A lot of big people enjoy beating on the smaller bikes. Check the bottom of the frame for dents and scrapes. If you can not find this thread, you put it in the wrong forum? Vintage Bob

Oct 5, 2010
Thanks whenfoxforks-ruled, They have the pink in hand and bought the bike new. I'll check the air filter,tranny oil,engine oil,and ck 4 dents/scrapes first thing. Do you happen to know aprox. what the sprockets and chain would cost me? If not all call Honda.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You can get after market parts cheaper, but for reference go to any site like bike bandit or what ever. When you get ready to purchase, go to Service Hondas website.

Top Bottom