ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
Hey guys, I figured I would stop in and say hello, being from Nor. Cal. there isn't much chance of us hooking up unless I either plan to come down your way or you plan a trip up this way.
Any trips ever planned to Hollister? I'm like 135 miles from there that is about as far south as I go during the summer, During this winter I do plan some a couple rides by the dessert.

Give me a shout and let me know if you plan to do any rides in these neck of the woods I would love to hook up with some fellow DRN guys. I have never met a fellow DRN member but I have met a few Thumpertalk members it was pretty cool to hook and ride as a group.

Gotta fly back at work :( talk to ya soon

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds good worker, keep watch on the posts, we plan all sorts of rides during the winter in the desert. Farmer John is up there, he may be able to introduce you to more DRNer's up North. Good luck!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hey me and KawiDude are planning on riding there (Hollister) this sunday, Let me know if your interested in riding w/us.. We ride trails..
Rick

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
rickyd said:
Hey me and KawiDude are planning on riding there (Hollister) this sunday, Let me know if your interested in riding w/us.. We ride trails..
Rick

I think we are going to try to go on Friday to avoid the hectic weekend because of the holiday (columbus day weekend) People do still get off for that holiday right? :ohmy:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
kdx200chick said:
I think we are going to try to go on Friday to avoid the hectic weekend because of the holiday (columbus day weekend) People do still get off for that holiday right? :ohmy:

I know I don't get Columbus Day off...although I feel like I should. Let us know if you decide to come out on Sunday. We've found that even when the park is packed with people, you tend not to see many people out on the trails (which is where we spend all our time). It would be great to hook up with some fellow DRN'ers!

There's a really fun hare scramble happening at Hollister on October 16th as well. rickyd and I are planning to ride it. If anyone wants to come out and have a blast, just let us know. The races are tons of fun!

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Kawidude said:
I know I don't get Columbus Day off...although I feel like I should. Let us know if you decide to come out on Sunday. We've found that even when the park is packed with people, you tend not to see many people out on the trails (which is where we spend all our time). It would be great to hook up with some fellow DRN'ers!

There's a really fun hare scramble happening at Hollister on October 16th as well. rickyd and I are planning to ride it. If anyone wants to come out and have a blast, just let us know. The races are tons of fun!

We have been out there on a few holiday weekends and parking is a complete B***H. You are right though about the trails, they are never packed. Hare scramble??? I haven't done one of those in YEARS plus, we are military and already obligated to an event that weekend...Bummer

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
oldandslo said:
Where is Hollister? I've heard of it, but don't know how far away it is.

Hollister is about an hour south of San Jose off of the 101. Just follow 156 (San Juan Bautista exit) and follow the OHV signs. We're in Monterey and it takes about 50 minutes to get there.

Top Bottom