Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
Hey, just transfered to the Charlotte area (Huntersville) from Southern California and Itching to ride. I am mostly a trail/ desert rider and would like to hook-up with some people to check out what the Carolina's has to offer. My tire is getting real hungry, and want's to taste this Carolina soil.:)

Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
Hey Truespode, Sounds like i have some changes in front of me.
Let me know if you guys are going to ride and if I can join this weekend Id like to get out.
Garbo

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
How ironic...MadMark (in the other NC thread just above/below this one) also just moved there.

Huntersville, NC is the new Moto Mecca. I've even been thinking of moving there. Sort of like "The Gathering".

"In the end, there can be only ONE!"

How does Sunday at TNT sound? If I can't get my 250 together, I'll ride Danny's 125.

Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
That's the reason that I moved out here, I read somewhere that there were more dirtbikes in Huntersville than Raccoons.:)

Sunday sounds great to me, how long will it take to get there from where I am?

slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
Arrghh!! I can't ride this weekend! I'm gonna be out of town.

Originally posted by Truespode
He he he!!! Slacker00, you want to fill him in on the Carolina trails?

Well I got two words for ya Garbo .. Bark Busters! Ya see I'm from Cali as well and we din't have no trees likes dey do out inhere.:) I suggest before you go to TNT you go ahead and remove all the gears in your bike except 1st and maybe 2nd. You won't need anything higher for the trails!

It only takes an hour from my place (exit 25 and 115) as long as there aren't any major traffic holdups.

Garbo .. Make sure you represent So Cal and Huntersville for all your peeps that can't make it Sunday!

Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
Garbo .. Make sure you represent So Cal and Huntersville for all your peeps that can't make it Sunday!

WORD TO YOUR MOM!:)

It's to bad your going to be out of town, so-cal could represent. Anyway thanks for the tip on the bark busters. regarding the gearing selection It sounds like l should bring my mountain bike instead.:eek:

Hey by the way what's the hot spot out here for afterhours?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Don't let him scare ya...the trails are 2nd & 3rd gear (4th for the adventurous!).

They're also not tight...ya don't need barkbusters, but I prefer them. Besides, we're going to spend most of our time on the track, right? ;)

BTW, I'll be in a red, F250 crewcab, red camper top, white enclosed trailer, trying to break in a 97 CR250(267).

How about you?

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
Don't let either of them mislead you. Those trees are single minded in their pursuit to get you off your bike. They will team up by having a small one jump out in front of you only to direct you to a larger tree.

I'm sticking with that explanation and not my poor riding style.

Would like to make it out there Sunday but I'm awaiting a new helmet

Maybe in a few weeks....probably gonna drag Wrench out there with me.

Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
BTW, I'll be in a red, F250 crewcab, red camper top, white enclosed trailer, trying to break in a 97 CR250(267).

I will be in a black full size dodge 4by with CALIFORNIA plates. What time do we get this party started?

Alpinestar

Apr 18, 2001
Garbo, we have alot of trials up here in the mountains. Theres ton's of MX and lotz of trails to ride. You cant go wrong. We got Brown Mountain about 3 miles up the road here and out from it theres a Mulberry trails place. I havent ever rode the mulberry but I hear it super nice. They have alot of trails and 1 or 2 MX tracks. So it wont be long till I waist my time trying to be a MXer on a KDX :) . Let us know when you want to ride and we will try to make it up there. later

Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
Since I'll be without children....how does 10:00 sound?

That sounds good to me, looking forward to the first pull of the de-compression lever on Carolina soil!:cool:

Let us know when you want to ride and we will try to make it up there. later

Alpinestar, Thank's for the info that sounds like some good fun. Do I need to worry about the weather up there?

Being new to the area and no BALL & CHAIN I can ride any time I (Bleep) want, you know what im taking about, so let me know and i'm there!

mp4798

Aug 10, 2001
GARBO

these guys are right,,,,TNT is a great place to ride for trails and track,,theres also other fantastic palces to ride in nc....brown mtn,wuyuhutta national forest,bucklberry farms, tracks in hickory,sanford,elizabeth city and devils ridge outside of greensboro,tons of other tracks also which the guys at TNT can tell u about.....were going to brown mtn over thanksgiving=let me know if ur interested===mark

Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
were going to brown mtn over thanksgiving=let me know if ur interested===mark

Hey mp4798 Thanks for the info, I am going back home for Thanksgiving (can't miss the annuanl trip and pure CHAOS @ Glamis) I am always interested in riding and checking out new places. Keep me in mind.

Garbo

mp4798

Aug 10, 2001
GARBO

ill keep u in mind, i dont blame u going home to ride glamis..never done it but have had many a dreams about that place......i rode moab in sept for the first time and thought i was in heaven.....we'll get together and do a little ridin some time for sure=mark

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
NC Riding Budies

Hey you guys go easy on Garbo, he's never seen a tree before:eek:
Note: Hes usually pays each rider $10.00 to ride with them for the day!
$12.00 if he gets to wash the bikes..
Ya'll have fun I wish I were going... I'll be stuck going Jawbone Canyan, bummer huh!:)

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
garbo-
I live in the outer banks. If you ever get to the coast just holler. we've got mx as well as the h20 sports ( only in the summer, of course, unless you're a member of the polar bear club)

Garbo

Oct 14, 2001
If you ever get to the coast just holler

Hey YardPro, Thanks for the info. I have heard of the outer banks and that there is a huge sand dune. I here it is just quades, is there ever any dirtbikes? Coming from so-cal not only do we ride the desert, but there are alot of sand dunes such as Glamis, Dumont and Pismo just to name a few ( we ride with a paddle tire). Just woundering if any bikes go out there?

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
Hey guys,
Ran in to a little problem with a blown head gasket last weekend but I'm ready to go now! I am racing a harescramble on Saturday in Hickory and riding a poker run up by Westfield Sunday. Let me know if anyone is interested in joining me. I hear both courses are a lot of fun. Looks like I'll be out of town Thanksgiving but the first weekend of December some riding buddies will be coming down and we will probably hit TNT at least one day.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
MadMark...let me know whenever you're ready. I can usually make it out to TNT on a weekend.

The weekend after Thanksgiving I'll be in southeastern NC...anyone from the east coast of NVC want to get together for a ride that Saturday? Yardpoo? :debil:

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
andym,
I will be on an 01 yz250 #439, driving a black Toyota Tacoma 4 x 4. Look me up. I am going to race 25+. You? Are you going to that poker run Sunday? PS-The local got a CRF in and I checked it out-I am soooo tempted.

andym

Jun 3, 2000
madmark-- I'll either be in 250-Open beginner or 4-stroke. 250-Open beginner is where I should be but it is sooo crowded. One of the guys with me will be in 25+ with you. I'm not doing the poker run, this is the first I've heard about it and making a 3.5 hour drive (one way) to Hickory and a 4.5 hour drive Sunday isn't going to happen this weekend. I really like my CRF. I mounted handguards and my favorite bars last night so now its ready for the woods.

BTW... Do you have any idea where the track is at? All I know is exit 123 off of I-40. I hope they have signs up.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom