Northern Kentucky anyone?

bnt55

Jun 28, 2002
I just bought a KDX and not sure where to ride, I would like to find somewhere CLOSE for this weekend. Any suggestions?
\
Thanks

bdh825

Jun 10, 2005
I live in northern ky also, and can't find many places nearby. Motocross mostly.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
I live in Louisville. I rode at Podium1 a few weeks ago.(motocross track) maybe this week we might check out Bucksrun this week like wed. .www.motocrosstracks.com...should get you where you need....I'll post up here if we are sure to go...

Crazy4nitro

beermeng

Mar 29, 2006
I'm in the same area. I no longer have access to the land I use to ride. I'm in dire need of places to hit in the tri-state area. Northern KY/Greater Cincinnati area? Only place I've heard so far is the ATV park in Maysville. Ashland is really far. That's on the border with West Virginia.

joe125cc

Sep 20, 2005
have you went to the track in petersburg by the airport? Its a practice moto track thats not crowded at all

samham

Nov 22, 2002
Joe,
Could you give some more info on the moto track? I am visiting the area (from wi), so you could you provide some detail? Is it a private, pay to get in track? State land that people are just riding on? Directions? Thanks! -Brian

beermeng

Mar 29, 2006
Where is it at in Petersburg and when is it open? That would be perfect for me. I'm in Union, but only about 10mins from the airport.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
Prospect hill motocross.....6279 Petersburg Road, Boone County, Kentucky. I didn't have the bike but was visiting from out of state, was lucky enough to find it and checked it out.... go up to the top of the hill and follow the road, it will take you to the track. There is a small building where you can sign a waiver and make a donation. Nice mx style track,, some good elevation changes,,, nothing there will kill ya,,, nice place...apparently it's a family members practice track and they wanted to have races,, the city put up a fit, never passed the zoning,, so it sits there now.

joe125cc

Sep 20, 2005
Sorry i didnt get back with you but i guess you found it. Yea i just went riding there wedsday. That track is great for people just starting out. The jumps are not to small or big and if you come up short on most of the doubles you wont hit to hard. Thats why i go i dont like pain to well.

joe125cc

Sep 20, 2005
Also the track i believe is open everyday to practice on. Ive never seen it closed. I'll be up there sunday or monday. I'll be the slow poke on the all black cr 250.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
I was out there sometime ago and the land was for sale. I am heading that way (from WI) over thanksgiving and wanted to bring the bike. Anyone know if the land sold? Is it still open? Thanks! -Brian

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…