zookieman

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know any good trails in the northern L.P. that are near a good spot to stop and swim and cool down? The only one I know of is Ambrose Lake, and the trails and swimming are not that great. So if anyone has some suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Swimming hole and camp

Weber Lake west of Wolverine is a pretty good place to swim and it is right on the trail system. It is part of the Tomahawk trails.

Trailridin

Mar 22, 2002
List of campgrounds with swimming

The following trail loops are connected to State or National Forest campgrounds that have lakes with decent swimming and you can ride directly out of them with just an ORV sticker.

Ambrose Lake Trail - Ambose Lake SFCG (Ogemaw County)

Bull Gap Trail - Mack Lake USFSCG (not sure about the swimming here) (Oscoda County)

Atlanta Trail - Jackson Lake SFCG (Montmorency County)

Black Lake Trail - Black Lake SFCG (Cheboygan County)

Tomahawk Trail - Weber Lake SFCG (Cheboygan County)

Kalkaska Trail - Pickerel Lake SFCG (Kalkaska County)

Here is a link for the trail maps.

Here is a link for the State Forest Campgrounds.

Here is a link for Mack Lake USFSCG.

I've camped at all of these personally except Mack Lake. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
del

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
del

Last edited:
A

Anna Greenberg

Link exchange

Hello there

I would like to offer an exchange of links between your website and ours, which have excellent Google rankings. If you find such a proposal interesting then please send me details of your sites. However, if you are not interested please accept my apologies for taking your time.

Best regards
Anna Greenberg

anna_greenberg@o2.pl

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Spam. The way it is written, it looks like it maybe an automated program. But that is just a guess...

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I would say that there is a pretty good spot by the LMC club grounds. We came opon it at the first summer trail fest a few years back. I think there is a picture of Fred swimming in it floating around here somewhere...

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Anna Greenberg said:
Hello there

I would like to offer an exchange of links between your website and ours, which have excellent Google rankings.....

Okie, I think this is for you.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
team-green32 said:
I would say that there is a pretty good spot by the LMC club grounds. We came opon it at the first summer trail fest a few years back. I think there is a picture of Fred swimming in it floating around here somewhere...

I immediately had that picture in my head, with some boney-white skivvies. :yikes:

morgan

Nov 30, 2001
Pickerel Lake has been one of my favorites. Good for swimming. Mack Lake's not bad either.

Jackson Lake (north of Atlanta) however is a little too mucky for me-----you sink half way to your knees sometimes when you walk in.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
So many incriminating memories/pictures of Fred.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
team-green32 said:
So many incriminating memories/pictures of Fred.

Ya, well I know of one even closer to LMC Clubgrounds from a few years ago on "Muddy 2 Track" where you and your KDX went swimming in a mud puddle. You must of liked it because we were waiting for you to finish your swim for like 30 minutes at the 3 mile marker. :nener:

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
At least they don't have a pic of me somewhere in circulation.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
CR250R@WINTERS said:
Weber Lake west of Wolverine is a pretty good place to swim and it is right on the trail system. It is part of the Tomahawk trails.

Check out Thumb Lk.on Maggee Rd. About 2 miles south of the trail system.If its on a weekend be sure to wear your shades so you don"t get caught stareing. :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom