bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
The campgrounds have pretty big spots - my F250 with 19' Camp Trailer fits in easily. Large motorhomes & trailers are up there regularly so shouldn't be any problems getting you guys spots.

As for 4wheelers, the trails are mainly singletrack but there are several miles of logging roads. We took my John Deer Gator loaded with kids on a trip to one of the lookout towers one year.

I have updated the list on page 3. Let me know if I need to change it.

------------------
Bbbom’s Picture Page

Feb 5, 2001
Let me say hello to everyone. I am new here at DRN and also new to off road riding. I have spent all of my riding days on the street and decided this last year to go off road. I ride a XR600 with 60 over mod and the girlfriend rides an XR400 both 98's. Though the bike can go fast I would have to say I am a SPODE. Which means I can't wait to come home to the Northwest Spodefest.

Information:
Attending - Myself, Girlfriend, 3 children
two 5yrs old, one 12yrs old.
Arriving - Friday the 15th
Departing - Monday the 18th
We will be camping in a tent and prefer to camp with the group.

If all goes well I will be getting a trailer prior to the trip. If this happens I may be able to help transport someones bike if needed.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Kevin Brigham
A True Spode

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
I scanned the threads,to no avail(maybe I'm blind), but do the cabins have "amenities". I need to know for the wife and daughter. I can rough it, but not them. In fact they may just stay down in Spokane with friends. But either way, unless something unforseen happens, I'll be there.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
BBBOM, I may not be able to come, as my brother is graduating on june 15. If we do come, we would just come down for Saturday, leaving early in the morning to meet up with you guys then head home after.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Hope you can join us Speedymaniac.

Honda65, the $45/night cabins are near the community shower/bathrooms and include access to them. The one cabin for $65/night has it's own shower & bathrooms. All the cabins have two double beds, dining table & chairs, utensils and cookware with a two burner hotplate & microwave.

Beaver Lodge (same place) has a campground with 41 spots at $16 per night that we can reserve. Some have full electric & sewer hookups others don't and you can use the public shower & bathrooms plus the outhouse at the campground. If we let them know how many and how large any of the bigger setups are we can reserve the spaces.

The National Forest Service campground is, I believe $10 per night without hookups but they do have a sewer dump nearby. Only first come first serve for the NFS spots and you have to push the bike in & out to the trailhead (enforced by the camphosts)(you aren't legally supposed to ride on the road either but we have never been bothered by the local law enforcement - they are very nice there).

There was supposed to be another NFS campground built at one of the trailheads but, I haven't made it up there since last year. We will make a reconnaissance mission in a couple weeks to check it out - ohhhh the sacrifice!!! ;)

------------------
Bbbom’s Picture Page

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
Bbbom, thanks for the info. I think we'd try to get a cabin. I might be bringing a trailer, but not a camp type. (as my wife screams in depair)It's an 18' race trailer. Big enough to sleep in, but the females of the pack "ain't" gonna go thar!! Should we make reservations now??

Oh, by the way, I will try to have an extra bike by then, so let me know who is in need of some wheels.

And no GSR, I didn't buy back my Gas Gas. But that darn bottle is still stuck to my mustache. SNIIFFFF!!! Ahaaaaaaaaaaa....

THUD!!

------------------
'01 YZ250 (for sale)
'00 YZF426
'00 Gas Gas XC250 (sale pending)
'78 DT175
'01 ????

[This message has been edited by HONDA65 (edited 03-13-2001).]

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
For the cabins I'd make reservations as soon as possible, they only have 7 cabins. As for the campsite, I want to make a drive up there in the next few weeks to see if it is the one I am thinking of before we make the reservations.

Speedymaniac, it depends upon the weather. Right now we are thinking possibly the weekend of April 7th. I'll let you know a week or two ahead of time.

As far as spare bikes, I may still have my KLX300 & my son's DS80 and MR50 (all for sale except the 50). We may also be able to borrow some from the rest of the family or friends. Guess we need a list of who will need bikes too.

------------------
Bbbom’s Picture Page

[This message has been edited by bbbom (edited 03-13-2001).]

Jun 14, 1999
Hey Bbbom,
Is this gonna be a go and if so, what dates did you all finally settle on??

I'm going to be on the road up to Washington (my home state)for vacation on the 15th of June. Need to know whether or not to haul the scoot :)

Thanks.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Yep, it's a go!! June 15 to 17th (or longer) we'll be there. We are going to try to get up there to check out the campground for reservations in a couple weeks. I'll report back the reservation numbers then.

If you want to reserve a spot now, the Beaver Lodge Campground is where we will be staying so far, there's 41 spots there so should be enough.

------------------
Bbbom’s Picture Page

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
BBBOM: Could you remind me a little sooner for when you're going up to check out the trails. I just got my bike together, and can't wait to hit the trails. I can't make it for June 15-17, the entire weekend will be tied up with grad stuff and father's day. I think the weekend of April 28 would work best for checking out the trails.

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
This sounds like a great event. I've never ridden in the Spokane area, even though it is only 6 hours away form my home, Boise. Do you know if WA has a reciprocal agreement with ID for off road vehicle registration? If not what are the registration costs?

Jerry

------------------
Old guy who putts around behind the KX_kid on a '00 WR400FM,

MIKE

Nov 27, 1999
I live in Washington and the cost for me was $6.50. I am not sure if it is the same for out of staters. I live near the ID boarder and I am pretty sure that the WA license is OK to use in ID. I have never been hassled about it. Unless there are some real pain in the rear rangers in the Colville area I don't think you would have much trouble as long as you have the correct equipment, spark arrestor, etc. This spring/summer is going to be a dry one so offroad/ATV users are probably going to be checked for proper equip. to made sure we aren't the cause of any fires. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a ban on open fires, (campfires) even in early to mid June.

MIKE 2000 KTM 300MXC eastern wash.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
What Mike said is true and the Rangers around Colville have always been pretty easy on us, they do let us ride on the shoulder of the highway without hassle so shouldn't be a problem.

To be completely legal you should get a Washington State Temporary Off Road Permit for $8.00 from one of the DOL sites in the state. I'll get a copy of the form and the rest of the info on prepurchasing them. Will update as soon as possible. But, in my two years of riding up there, I have never even talked to a ranger and my tags aren't real visible.

SpeedyManiac, not sure if the snow will ever leave so the recon mission is still on hold!!

------------------
Bbbom’s Picture Page

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Count me out, saving my vacation days for washougal amatuer days, even though I haven't been to colville in ages :( i heard they was trying to close that area.

------------------

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
BBBOM, it's been snowing off and on up here for the last week, but I've still been able to go riding. You should try coming up here, the sand area is a blast right now.

------------------
The Original Speedster
1985 XR100R
1978 XL250S

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Hey, off topic but at least this brings us bck to the top....

Anyone live near Clarkston? There's an MR2 I'm interested in at Clarkston Auto Sales. Anyone want to test drive a little go cart and let me know how it looks?

MACE

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Lake Gillette update. They still have snow in the mountains and some in the parking lot!!! :eek:

The weekend of June 15th is still a go and they have campsites available for up to about 200 people so everyone should be fine. No hook up sites are $10 per night and hookup sites are $16 per night. The trails are accessible directly from the campsites so no pushing bikes through camp required! The fees include access to the beach and dock fishing and showers which are located at the store. Cabins are also available - $45 - $65 per night - will have to haul your bike from the cabin location to the trailhead - about 1 mile or take your chances riding down the highway which is done frequently.

One nights fee is required for advance reservations and it is refundable up to 2 days prior to checkin. You can make your reservations by calling:

Beaver Lodge Resort & Campground
2430 Highway 20 COLVILLE WA 99114-9011 (509) 684-5657

Tell them you want to be in the lower campground and you are part of the Father's Day group get together!

If you are looking for a hotel/motel see info check my post on page 4 of this thread.

According to the Ranger Station, as long as your bike is registered in the same home state as your vehicle you are okay. Temporary permits are $8.00 and available at the Dept of Licensing here. I will post the permit as soon as I can. If anyone wants one sent to them, email me.

From the recent weather, should be great riding by June 15th.

Top Bottom