Not another tail light thread!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I put a red LED clearance light on my back fender back in June and it is still glowing strong!
I picked it up at Wallyworld for about $8

Just thought I'd mention it :cool:

Attachments

• LED-tailite.jpg
    LED-tailite.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 110

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
skipro3 said:
What is the purpose of the light?

Is the air up there getting too thin for you Jerr? ;)

Of course, it is to aid 'Carvr when he is looking for me at the bottom of some ravine!

Seriously though, If you ever get the chance to ride with 'Carvr, you will eventually find yourself riding in the dark. The guy just loves to ride and whether the sun is up or not does not seem to matter.
And following someone with a tail light is much nicer than following someone without one, safer too!

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Oh, I see. For search and rescue operations.
"Helicopter three wiskey foxtrot to command post alpha, I have a Wibby Light in sight. Send engine 36 on foot to these co-ordinates to investigate..."

RoostRider

Uhhh...
Aug 24, 2004
wibby said:
I put a red LED clearance light on my back fender back in June and it is still glowing strong!
I picked it up at Wallyworld for about $8

Just thought I'd mention it :cool:

thats great! I am so sick of putting new bulbs in my tail light just to have them burn out/snap the filiment in the FIRST ride... rinse and repeat.

do you have some sort of part number? What department are they in? I assume it was easy to install? just make a hole and hook up the wires?

Thanks for the input, I was wondering what was the best route to keep that thing going!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I found it in the automotive department, I'll check out the details on it next time I'm there

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
the problem we have in the UK is that we HAVE to have a brake and rear light as well as a number plate light. The LED did not work for me!

Top Bottom