Not very good at searching. Please help

jhavard

Dec 9, 2007
Sorry guys, this is gonna be a long post, I'm a newbie and I'm in need of some advice. I've got a 90 yz 250 (first dirt dike) and its a complete dog in the low end til the powerband kicks in. But the powerband won't even kick in in 1st or 2nd gear. When I got the bike the head gasket was leaking and the bike was running as described, fixed the gasket and cleaned the carb and now it wont run right at all. It'll start but as I gas it it bogs, dies, and wets the plug. Checked the float, its ok, has good compression because it hurts my insole everytime I start it. If you stuck with me this long I appreciate it and any advice would be great.

By the way I've been reading some of these post for over 2 hours and there great, but my wife says if I stay on here much longer I'm sleeping in the living room tonite. Later

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
do you know what your jetting is? also have you checked to see how strong your spark is? you may have a weak/intermittent spark. also do a real compression check. it hurts my foot isnt always very accurate ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Replace the silencer packing, do a top end and then look at fixing the jetting.

Chances are on a bike that old that it needs a new top end no matter what the person who sold it to you says.

Ivan

Top Bottom