Novice rider, need help finding right dirt bike.

tico03

Jun 27, 2006
1) your physical size
21yrs old, 6', 205lbs, baseball athletic build.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
moderately to slightly aggressive.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
I live in Miami, Florida so most of my riding will be done in the feilds and on dirt trails that we have down here.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
Yeah, I learned on KX250 and have been told by my boys to be a very quick learner.

5) Do you think you will race ?
Maybe in the future, but for this year, no.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
yes. I can do most everything except for major repairs/overhauls.

7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 2 stroke. leaning towards a Yamaha YZ250 or a Honda CR250.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
This is Miami, if they make it we have a dealer for it Honda, Yamaha are very close by.

9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
$2000 will be buying used. 1999-2002 preferably, but I have some out of towners wanting to sell to me.

10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

My main concern is power, handeling and speed of the bike. I'm leaning toward a 250 2 stroke.

I'd appreciate any help ASAP, becasue I have a few dealers that have both of the bikes I'm looking for and they are waiting on me to make a decision.

here is some info on the Honda:
Here is a 2000 Honda CR250. It is in wonderful condition and smoking fast!! He is always in the front of the pack.

It is a 2 stroke, 6 speed. The plastic is in great condition with no cracks. It has new back breaks, O'Neil prolock racing handle bars, Pro Circuit Racing Development platinum pipe, Pro Circuit 304 stainless series spark arrestor, and there is 75% tread life left.

This was purchased from a family member over 2 years ago and has never had any trouble. It starts on the first or second kick everytime. Always has!

My husband is upgrading and has decided to let this one go. It has always been garage kept.

There is an additional seat cover that comes with the bike.

I'm still waitin on the ibfo from the Yamaha people.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom