grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
hey guys

i have a 85cr250 that i had to dissasemble the bottem end and put a sleeve in the bike, the bike has now stock sise piston inn it before it was 0.075mm over stock i believe anyways since i have had it going again i can't start it at all when hot or cold it needs a jump start its really getting on my nervs i have to run real fast or go down a hill and dump the cluch in first gear and kickstart it at the same time and before i get threw the stroke from the kick start it just wont fire up i have mooved the timing but nothing changed i havent got it to start up with the kickstart it runs fine when rumming except it sometimes wants to rev a bit high kinda of a pigning noise like it was running lean i cheaked my reeds and the are not broken all tho they are not closing completly agains the block anyways i would like to know any tips for what i sould do to try to get my bike going again with the kickstart i have a new carb needle on the way it was cheap and i thought mine might be worn i have dought about this but again it was cheap thanks for any replys

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
i meant before i got threw the kickstart stoke while jump starting it fires and runs good untill i stall and i need to start it again :|

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
it has enouf compression 2 get my foot swolen after about 15 kicks in sneakers its just weird the top end has like 1 hour on it after i broke it inn

canvet

Nov 10, 2001
You have put something back together wrong. A bikes jetting doesn't suddenly change. Your piston might be in backwards (no PEI jokes!) but it sounds more like an air leak somewhere. Put your timing back to stock and maybe dis-assemble and check gaskets and manifold bolts are sealing properly. Good Luck!!

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
this is the problem how do i look for air leeks i have recheaked for air leeks in the minifold and everything cheacks out there it might be a crankseal gone bad tho sinse i have dissasembled the bottom end.

oh and whats up with you dising pei were not all stupid with bikes well for most parts lol i'm only 14 and trying to do this on my own first bottem end rebuild and this is how my bike repays me thanks for the help tho Canvet

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
You should not be able to see light between your reeds and the block, so replace them. Then put in a new spark plug. If it still doesnt start try turning the air screw out some. Are you putting the choke on when trying to start it? Mine wont start even if its 80 out unless my choke is on.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom