barryadam

Sep 2, 2003
I'd like to replace the trip odo with one that measures continuous milage with a switchable trip function (like my streetbike).

Is there a good logical choice for a standard mechanical speedo/odo that would work with the cable gearing on the stock bike? (speedo optional).

Barry

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
You might look into an older style KDX odo
My '92 has the trip odo and the total milage odo

Wanna trade, I just want the trip odometer like the new bikes have
Saw one on ebay over the weekend but I did not want to pay as much as Fredette did

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
I'd go with the Trail Tech like Twiz said. They are made for a motorcycle and will handle the abuse. I've got over 1500 miles on mine, without a problem.

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
I agree with all who said TrailTech. I've had mine on for approx. 500 miles and it works great. You can get them from some guy on ebay for around $70. That's where I got mine. He answers all questions and ships fast. And yes, it's the silver one with the Indiglo back lighting.

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I would keep the old odo. and use it for a trip meter and use the Trail Tech for a true odometer (if you are tracking total milage). For +/-$75 you get the odometer, a speedometer (very nice), and a total riding time window. You can also reset the Trail Tech odo to any milage or 0 whenever you want to. The Panoram was the old version, I think the new one is the Endurace model (they look just alike). I highly recommend the Trail Tech for the bucks, dependability, and the options.

JCW

palmer69

~SPONSOR~
Jan 1, 2003
Consider a handheld GPS unit. Yeah they're more expensive but they do so much more. I have a mount on my handlebar that the unit snaps in and out of. I set-up the display to show: speed, max-speed, odometer and trip odometer all at once. I also have it set up to record my track as I'm riding. Every 30-50 ft. it records a point that includes position, speed, elevation etc. Later, you can upload the track to a PC and see where you were, what the trail looks like and how fast you went. I know this seems like overkill, but if you have other uses for a GPS then I think it's a great way to go.
I bought a Garmin e-trex Legend after reading a review in REV magazine. I got it at Sports Authority on sale for $209.00 with a $50 rebate from Garmin.
www.garmin.com

Matt

Top Bottom