Odometer cable making a guage in front fork

cudatd

Apr 20, 2005
I have 2005 kdx220. I recently took off the front tire and notice inside on my fork there is a guage forming. I discovered the odometer cable is causing this. anybody got any suggestions on how to prevent this from gettin worst, with out havin to disconnect the cable.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
cudatd said:
I have 2005 kdx220. I recently took off the front tire and notice inside on my fork there is a guage forming. I discovered the odometer cable is causing this. anybody got any suggestions on how to prevent this from gettin worst, with out havin to disconnect the cable.

Could you post a pic??

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Check this.
...the odometer drive unit can go on one of two ways, one of which is wrong! The odo' unit drive should sit with the the cable parallel to the fork tube, the incorrect way has it at 30' from parallel facing the rear of the bike. and cause the cable to chaff the lower fork tube...you can see what I mean on this piccy...wrong side I know but you can still see the cable on this 220R

cheers
IMG_1559.jpg

roberto06

Feb 12, 2006
COMBEN said:
Check this.
...the odometer drive unit can go on one of two ways, one of which is wrong! The odo' unit drive should sit with the the cable parallel to the fork tube, the incorrect way has it at 30' from parallel facing the rear of the bike. and cause the cable to chaff the lower fork tube...you can see what I mean on this piccy...wrong side I know but you can still see the cable on this 220R

cheers
IMG_1559.jpg

Hi COMBEN,

May I ask you to do me a favour?. I need the EU Type Approval of the KDX220. I have one I bought in Belgium but I need this data to inmatriculate it in Spain. I cannot find it here in Be.

It is a kind of code starting with e, like e9*92/61*----*----*

You will probably have in the original documents, most probaly in technical data sheet. Many thanks I will really appreciate it!!.

Roberto

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Lo siento, porque yo no sabe el numero para este moto

Hi there Roberto, that's the end of bad spanish, es verdad?

I do not think there is an EU type approval number for the KDX-220R, it is a competition motorcycle....any KDX that is road registered will have either had some road modifications or have a sympathetic MOT test...this is the test to check the bike is road legal.
Also, If your bike is over 10 years old you will not need an EU type approval, just a check to ensure the bike is road legal?

If this my problem I would e-mail Kawasaki Spain to see they can help?

hope this helps

roberto06

Feb 12, 2006
Many thanks mate!,

I've already contacted Kawa Spain, and they don't have that info.

It is a pitty, because The bike I bought in Belgium (2004) has 83km on it and I will have to sell it. It is very complicated to ride in Spain without number plate.

Thanks anyway and.... yes you should start the Spanish lessons, haha!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom