kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
For those of you who converted the KDX headlight to number plate. I have done this conversion on mine but was trying to figure out the best "cleanest" way of plugging the odo cable port on the front wheel. What have you guys done??

Woodsquest

I love DRN!
Dec 15, 2004
I've seen a toothpaste cap srewed into it backwards. It's a tapered plastic cap and will thread right in and be flush when finished.

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
I took off the front wheel disassembled the mechanism. Then I uses clear silicone to fill the hole. Smoothed the inside and outside let dry. Completly water tight and dust proof. Mine has been this way for at least (3) years.

Jim

DirtRoller

Jul 25, 2004
On my bike I used 3/4 alum. bar stock turned down. On my friends DRZ 400, I used a solid wine cork, cut, and ground to size with a hole drilled in the middle (partway through). I put a little black silicon around the cork and pushed it in until it sat on the lip that I left at the top when I ground the lower part smaller. I finished with black magic marker on the top to make it blend in. This is cheap and easy and gives you good excuse to buy a bottle of wine.

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
my little brother plugged his on his dr400. he bought an aluminum plug and on the label i noticed it also said it fits like 99 or 01 and newer kdxs ill have to check with him where he found it and what manufacturer. nice little plug, completely reversible and had an oe ring on it and everything.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom