youngnbald

Oct 13, 2008
Have a question for all of you that ride. I am new to the dirt bike scene and ride alone. With the riding gear I have, I have no pockets. A dirt bike has no plates or information of who the owner is. If I was to be injured and someone found me I would like to have a way for them to id me and/or my bike. I don't want to carry my wallet and wonder what is on the market for this. What do you use and where to buy?

Thanks

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
You could use this.It attaches with velcro to a Aerostitch jacket but you could adapt it.I know how you feel I end up riding alone a lot.You should at least tell someone where you're going and when you'll be back so thay have an idea when and where to look.Or find some guys to ride with.More fun that way anyway.

youngnbald

Oct 13, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to try "dog tags" I found on ebay. With 5 lines of information, I should be covered. Easy to wear around the neck and even one on the bike if I wanted. Time will tell if this works or might try other ideas.

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
Get a Moose Racing number plate bag. I carry my wallet, cell phone and a gps. This way I can call the Life Flight chopper, give them the longitude and latitude to pick me up, and have my insurance card ready when they get there.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I don't carry my wallet but I carry a copy of my driver's license, AMA card, district card, emergency contact info and medical information with me. I actually carry two copies: one is in the tool pack on the rear fender and the other is in my hydration pack.

Put your name on your helmet. At least that way if they find you unconscious along the trail they will have some idea who you are.

Ride with a buddy! I don't know about the area you ride but where I ride a crash could bounce you off the trail and down into a ravine where no one would see you!

Rod

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
Why wait until someone happens upon you?

Why not try one of these?
http://www.findmespot.com/en/

and carry a cell phone if it works in one of these?
http://www.mxdeals.com/pak-roost-msr.html

Or ride with a buddy? If you ride alone at a track, then ya someone will cart your busteda$$ to the hospital, but trails....good luck.

When you are laying in the middle of BFE with a busted leg or worse, you will not have somebody find you fast enough. Doesn't your family want to get you back while you are above room tempature?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
BigLou had this idea several years ago and I still use it.
Print out your name and emergency contact info, keeping it to about 4"x4" on plain paper. Then cut it out and use clear packing tape to tape it to the underside of your visor. If someone is trying to help you, it will be seen when they look at your face. Simple, cheap, and easily updated.
BTW, always ride with a buddy. One of my first posts on DRN was of a buddy that died after riding alone, 10 freaking years ago! Don't count on your cell phone working after a crash. A buddy is far better help and if he has access to your emergency contact info, the situation has improved itself in seconds.

Apr 22, 2009
I wear a back pack, I keep my wallet, ID, 10 bucks, some basic tools, water and my 1911 in it, just incase. I also keep a first aid kit in it with some stitches i got incase I need to repair myself if I'm really hurt and bleeding. Yeah, I dont like the idea of stitching myself back together w/o novicane, however I'd rather feel that pain that die because I wasnt prepared.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I just use an old fanny pack I've had for 20 years. Put extra plugs, a few tools, cell phone, car keys and ID in it. I'm such a dork, if I know I'm going to go riding really far from the truck, I also tie a pair of tennis shoes on, because I just can't walk far in my boots. I've also attempted to carry an extra 1-gallon gas tank, usually with poor results. One of these days I'll try duct taping a boom box to my rear fender so I can blast out the banjo theme from the Beverly Hillbillies as I go down the trail.

mdavidso

Apr 28, 2009
I just wear shorts under my riding gear, I put my cell phone, wallet, and pocket knife in the pockets, and they haven't fallen out of my pockets yet, and if they do, most likeley your wearing boots and they sit around your ankles.

Top Bottom