Offroad insurance, plate and ownership please...

chalie

Apr 13, 2005
(Officer) Offroad insurance, plate and ownership please...

Hi all. Was on a trail in the refor. at the Northumberland forest today (Hwy45 north of Cobourg Ontario Canada) and was stopped by two OPP officers on 4 wheelers (blocked off the trail) and asked to surrender a proof of ownership, trail permit (plate),lisence, and a liability insurance certificate. As some might remember from previous posts i was caught some time ago and fined $5000 for the no insurance thing.
I have trailed there for years and never heard of cops stopping anyone. Well i had everything in my pouch this time! It felt great! Here you go officer. No begging for forgiveness.
I chatted with one a bit and he says they also frequent the Ganaraska forest a lot because of all the private property complaints they get.
Be careful everyone, and have as much info on you as possible. THEY'RE OUT THERE!!!
Charlie

Last edited:

chalie

Apr 13, 2005
I hired a lawyer (cost me $800) and he got it down to $3300
But it has screwed up my car insurance royally! I now pay double what i used to!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Pain in the butt sometimes to have all the right stuff, but it's good to see it payed off. ;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…