chalie

Apr 13, 2005
I had none, nor did i even know it existed. I was presented with a $5000 fine! Yes that's right a $5000 fine! (I later had a lawyer bring it to $3300 and it screwed up my car insurance in a MAJOR way!

So this year i decided to call around and get quotes on off-road insurance for my bike to cover my ass. The cheapest straight liability quote i got was 475 bucks a year!! WTF?! That's with no theft too!.
If anyone living here in ontario could help me out with some info on cheaper insurance companies or ways around this i'd greatly appreciate your help.
I'm also kinda new to trail riding here (Toronto, Scarborough), so i'd love to hear about your favorite trails and tracks near me. Just got a new 2001 KX250 with zero hours on it and i'm dying to open er up. Thanks for ur help guys.
Charlie :)

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
With all their beady little eyes,
their flapping heads so full of lies
Blame Canada!

I know not of this liability requirement here in the states. I think I pay about $100/year on my bike for comp/collision/liability, but that's by choice. $475 is highway robbery. $3300 is rape.

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
I pay that much too. You'll need an off-road plate as well ($35.00) .
Where have you been riding?

Oct 10, 2004
I got a 3600 a year quote. then they told me I had to have a liscence to ride a dirtbike?

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Cop stop my friend on my bike, and my frind on his banshee. Then he threatened to fine all three of us for up to 10 grand canadian, althought my friend had and has insurance and every thing else he needs. He gave us a warning, and told me to get insurance. I've been trying but right now it seems that my bike hasnt been registered. Its just stupid and hard to do. I dont even really see the point. I've also heard that it cant be insured because its a 2 stroke MXer. And, there is no way I'm putting a plate on my bike. :bang: Next time, I just wont stop, or tell my friend too.

If the cop didnt see me I would have just told him it wasnt me and he cant prove it, lol. :laugh:

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Thats what I do just crank the throttle. why risk paying that huge fine when you most likly will get away. :cool: I wanna go get my motorcycle licences soon. :cool:

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
It's nice to be legal and not have to worry

Attachments

• Copy of local law enforcement.jpg
    Copy of local law enforcement.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 50

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Lol is that your bike Lee? If so where was that pic taken?

I found a place where you dont need a licences for off-road use lets see what they quote me lol :ahhh: Do you guys got collision insurances? If so how much? :nener: Lee what company do you got insurance from?

Last edited:

chalie

Apr 13, 2005
Success!!

I just got in from State Farm insurance and paid only $120for liability insurance and theft for a year!! Woohoo! That sure beats the 550 i was quoted yesterday! Damn! And they even gave me a way better rate on my car ins. (and no M lisence)
Collision is stupid though. I crash bad weekly. My bike is always fine. I cant even believe they sell collision for offroad vehicles! What a joke! Can you immagine if every time you crashed you called your ins. company for a paint job or new plastic or handle grips? Those poor *******s would never get a wink of sleep!
Anyway i just thought i'd share this with those who may be in a bind for liability insurance. (State Farm)

P.S. You have to insure your car through them too, to get your bike ins. But for me was $50 a month cheaper anyway.
Good luck and be safe guys.

PPS If n e one knows some good trails near here and wish to share, i'd love some info. All that i know are at least an hour from here. TORONTO

Last edited:

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
Yes John,that is my bike :laugh: .It was taken in Barrie. To be honest the nice police man didn't bother us about insurance or anything like that and actually he was quite chatty . We talked bikes for about a half hour before he left on his police bike. I can't remember the company I'm insured with,but I think I'll be checking out State farm in the future.

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
The $5000.00 fine is bad,but what the insurance companies do to you afterwards is much worse :bang:

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Also noticed 2nd time your caught with out insur its an auto 10,000 fine WTF is wrong with this? **** cops come better off just throwing your bike away and buying a new 1. :|

chalie

Apr 13, 2005
aftermath

Yes, it is a huge pain in the butt to ever deal with any insurance company within 3 years of being convicted of driving motor vehicle with no insurance! I have to pay2.5 times as much for insurance on my car or any other vehicle. Most companies won't even touch you! It is to ins. comp. same as a DUI (impared) That is bullsh*it! I'd love to meet the idiot that implemented this act. I'd get my moneys worth for sure! And i'm sure i'm not alone!...
(sorry, i'm still a little heated on this topic) :pissed:

John Cena

Nov 11, 2004
Hi Chalie! I was wondering what company gave your the 475 a year quote? Do you think I could get it cheaper from the same place cause I hav'nt been caught with out it?

$40 a month isnt to bad for me cause I dont drive a car :cool:

chalie

Apr 13, 2005
john.

It is a company called Premim or something close to that. They deal mostly with motorcycle insurance. A buddy at work gave me thier # and i can't remember the exact name, but "premim" is very close. Check the yellow pages. Good luck to you, and if you still need it by monday, let me know and i'll ask him at work.
PS. they don't require M lisence either.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
....thanks for reminding me not to move to Canada!!!

No offense, but those dirtbike laws are robbery!!!

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
In Ontario you can call: 1-877-IGO4ATV
I pay 39.00 per month. That covers liability, theft of the bike, trailer and equipment
plus, if you can believe it, 25% deductable for collision. Excluding hitting animals.
You have to have a GM license, that is you must also be licensed to ride a road bike.
Other than that, if you get stopped, just be super polite and beg for forgiveness.

Top Bottom