mxelbio

May 11, 2001
HI
Recently i brought a used ohlins shock for my honda cr 125 ´model 1995, but i decide to check in the ohlins web page www.ohlins.com The serial number is HO 4250.
I asume that "HO" is for honda, "4250" is 1994 250cc.
But i found in the web page that the 1994 was missing!!!!!!!
¿Are there ohlins shocks only for 1993 "HO 3250" & 1995 "HO 5250" ? Why 1994 model don´t figure.................
So my guest is if my ohlins is a ghost or What is the correct model for my "HO 4250" "V-427" code.
Thanks for your advice, Knowledge, and comments are welcome, because in my country DON´T HAVE OHLINS SHOP SERVICE SUPPORT...........
ELBIO

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The ohlins shocks are designed to be modified by the importer to fit almost any bike.You do this with different rod ends and spacers on the shaft so basically i wouldnt worry to much on the coding and make sure it is set up to suit you.

mxelbio

May 11, 2001
Thanks Marcusgumby for your reply.
So i think that the Shims stack for 250 is not property for my 125cc, i will need to soften the valving, and then mesure the correct sag.
i have another problem, i can´t find here the tool to charge nitrogen in this shock.....that is like a needle (simil to football ball needle valve)..so any tip for this, or i must to import the race-tech valve needle, u$s 26.00 that i found in www.racetech.com but i´m not sure if is for ohlins shock.
Thanks again, and sorry for my English........i reed all your post in this forum about suspension , are very interesting for me.
Elbio

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Yes you may well need to lighten the valving slightly,The needle is just a std medical one(may be the same as a football one) but its the adapter to fit it ti high pressure N2 thats the hard to get part.I would get one imported,i buy stuff from the states sometimes and it can work out cheaper.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Marcus, MX ELBIO
I would recomend a motion pro charging needle and then a regular old gas fitting. Very cheap and effective.
Regards,
Jer

Top Bottom