dirtbikedan

Dec 4, 2002
The bike is a '78 dt175. Oil injector hasn't failed on me yet, but I would like to remove it and use premix gas/oil ratio of probably 32:1. What actually drives the injector and will I be able to just pull it off and start running a premix thereafter? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
There is a gear that drives the pump. You can take the pump off and just remove the gear so that you don't have to block everything off. You need to be careful though because on some of the older bikes critical engine bearings were lubed by the injector and won't be lubed well by premix (or so I hear) but I didn't have any problems with my '79 DT175 that I pulled off....so to each his own. I would run 32:1 also.

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
I have a Rt180 that was oil injected. What I did was cut a short piece of hose. I filled the pump and hose with oil and just have it recirculate the oil thru the loop. Remember to cap the oil inlet at the carburetor... I just used one of those rubber vacuum hose end caps that I picked up from the Auto Part Center. It's worked fine for me. ;)

Top Bottom