wallasaki

May 23, 2002
Rebuilding/overhauling my son's 1984 Suzuki DS 80. Considering going w/ premix instead of the oil injection. Will this work? Is it a good idea? Can I get a heads up from anyone who has done this or any other input would be greatly appreciated.

(Installed a new piston/rings.)

wallasaki

May 23, 2002
Oil Injection vs. Premix?

Thinking of switching my sons 1984 Suzuki DS 80 to premix instead of injection. Is this a feesible plan? With the age of the bike, and in trying to lighten the load, I think it would be great. Is there anything techinical I should know? Do I have to remove the pump? Clamp hoses? etc. etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
It was very easy on my son's pw80. I just removed the pump, removed the gear on the end that drives it, replaced pump, removed oil tank. Hopefully your son's suzuki will be similar. The bike runs a lot better with premix.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I like premix also, however make sure that while removing the pump you do not cause an air leak.

The great thing about a pump is the ability to use any gas available. I left the pump on my RZ350 so I could use pump gas without worry about the correct mix.

Chris

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
the pump should be driven off the motor in the gearbox side so an air leak should not be an issue. The crank area is sealed so that the fuel charge can be pressurised and forced in to the clinder area. If you have an air leak you will run lean and possible sieze the motor.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom