jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
Has anyone got any ideas on the potential causes for oil coming from the gearbox vent tube?

I have an 89 KDX200SR.
The rear tyre was getting a bit of spatter while riding and causing a bit of grief on wet tarmac. After every ride I get about 10-15ml of oil pooling on the shed floor under the end of the tube.

I have currently routed the tube to the bottom of the swing arm as a chain oiler but I would like to fix the problem.

Should I route the tube to the airbox? My 83 KDX250 was like that.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I raced a 1990 KDX 200 for several years and every once in a while it would spit some oil out the overflow hose and onto the air filter (my hose was routed into the airbox). Never found the cause and it never seemed to create any problems so I never did anything about it.

BTW, it seemed to always happen on hot and humid days.

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
I had the same problem on my 97 kdx 200 when I tried filling it with one full quart of oil like many people on the list do. I had oil all over the place. I drained a little out and was fine. I changed oil recently again and thought I would try it again. This time no problems at all. I run it just as hard and still no oil out of the vent. I dont know what was the cause the first time but it works now and no changes to the engine or anything was done. Must have caught the motor in a bad mood or moon sign or something.

Top Bottom