Loughty

Nov 24, 2002
I know that there have been past discussions, and I have looked through most of them. I am wondering which oil is the best to mix with my fuel, also, which octane is best for clean running. Another one is which type of oil to run in the crankcase? I am not a racer, more of a weekend trail rider, and I will also use the bike for a little bit of commuting during the week. Also, which oil is best for filters? Sorry to ask an old question, I just want to make sure that I get the right fluids.
Thanks,
Loughty

prk03

~SPONSOR~
Jun 24, 2002
Belray H1R , Premium gas , castrol 10w-40 , Belray Filter Oil . Works well in my 01 KDX 200. I change crankcase oil after every enduro or 50 miles or so. Also clean air filter same time.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I use Gold Spectrum to 5 gallons of middle grade gas, but premium is better. I just use plain foam filter opil for the airfilter. And I put Straight 80W in the crankcase. I heard this is like 10w40 or 10w30, one of them.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Premix - Belray H1R @ 40:1 w/ premium pump gas
Tranny - ATF full quart
Chain - Triflow teflon, been using for past month or so. I like it
Air Filter - No Toil
Grease - Napa brand high temp

Lew

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by KDXFreestyle
Also, Use all Synthetic oils!

Using just about any synthetic oil in your transmission [besides the OLD mobil red cap] will leave you with a badly slipping clultch. Using it as premix and letting the engine sit for any length of time unused [a month or more] can rust the crank pin. Synthetic oils are esters and do NOT repel water like petroleum based oils do. Either use a blend or run a bit of petroleum oil premix through it before you put it away for the winter.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Rob,
Many others on this site have said full synthetics are the way to go in the tranny as long as it does not have the "Energy Conserving" seal on the back of the container in the bottom of the circle. I tried Castrol Syntec 5w50 and it works great!! I have notice no clutch slippage at all, and the tranny is very quiet and shifts very smoothly.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom