Ok, finally saved $$, one last decision ???

sneeky

Jun 30, 2004
Thanks to previous help from everyone here I got some ideas on bikes to check out and been keeping an eye out for bikes in my area. I sat on the kx100 and it was too small and I really want a 4 stroke with a button but there is not too many used offered in my area. I don't want to go over $4,300 due to needing to make it trail ready afterward. So, my choices are:
New crf230 for $4,000 OTD
Used 2002 DRZ 400 for about the same price in good cond.
New 03 WR250 for about $4,300+tax, ect.
Although no button, there are alot of used (03) YZ250F's for around $3,800??
I wanted a button due to being 5'3 and cant afford alot of susp. work. The Honda dealer isn't very negotiable on prices because they have no problem selling them. I could probably get some slack on the other bikes. The DRZ felt like it carried its weight really low and didn't seem to bad, but then again I wasnt stuck in rut on a hill when I sat on it either ;)
What do ya think?
Thanks alot for any help. :ride:

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
You could lower the DRZ ( At 5-3 it might be too tall & heavy ) or put money into upgrading the suspension on the CRF230. I would not want to ride the YZF's on the trail and they are expenisve tofix when not if they break.

Have you scoped out the DRZ-250 ? I think you could get a new one for less than the CRF and it is a full size bike. Could be lowered- it is e-start and the motor should be as reliable as a rock. Suspension should be pretty good too. It looked to me like it basicaly had RM stuff on it, maybe not the latest but good stuff.

sneeky

Jun 30, 2004
Yeah, the DRZ 250 would be cool but no used ones out here. I sat on it and it felt good but $4,600 + tax, fees came out to a little over 5K according to the sales dude at the dealer. That was a few months ago, if they have not sold it yet they may have dropped the $$ and it may be an option, if not, thats out of my price range. As far as the ttr 250, no used ones, and the only yamaha dealers also sell honda and for some reason don't stock the ttr 250? I guess they sell and make more $$ with the xr's??

any other idea's ??

Thanks

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
After I posted I saw you were in HI - limits your options

I was just poking around and some dealers still have new -01 and 02 DRZ250's and they are going for 3500- to 3k- too bad you don't have more dealers to choose from-I don't think there were many changes if any from 01. maybe buy one on line and have it shipped- I think that is a lot of bike for the money and is a perfect trailbike

Top Bottom