okay tech nerds -- protected AAC music files

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
How can I "unprotect" music files, such as those I get from the iTunes, so I can convert them to the more usable mp3 format?

thanks.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
You need to copy them to 8-track and then re-digitize them.

sigurd

Jun 24, 2007
right idea, wrong medium

Your Google toolbar break Mr. XRPredator?

VintageDirt said:
You need to copy them to 8-track and then re-digitize them.
Correct premise ;)....

http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itunes_to_mp3_format.html

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
sigurd said:
Your Google toolbar break Mr. XRPredator?
hey, nobody else uses it, so I thought I'd get the info here. and it worked

May 10, 2007
just remember that this is all in the gray area of the law.

and through i tunes some songs can ge bought for i think 1.22 cents but im not sure its a little over a dollar and they are unprotected aac files. i had the same problem a little while ago.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I bought the song, I can do with it whatever I want. So there. :fft:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
What I did not like was that I couldn't switch the songs I put on my Ipod from CDs I actually own to another non Apple memory card. I wanted to switch the playlist over so I could use it with the GPS on my street bike. I ended up having to re download everything into my windows file and then I put them on my memory card. Just does not make sense I couldn't use a playlist consisting entirely of songs from CDs I bought. I guess once they go into the I tunes file they no longer are yours anymore

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
you can also put the songs on a cd and then redownload them onto your computer. that will get rid of it. I Tunes is now offering a new kind of songs. when you go to buy them and theres a little plus by them. they are more expensive but they come unprotected. you can add them to non apple stuff like a regular mp3 player or psp.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
How many quads per channel is that?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Damn, thats a lot.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…