!!!!!!!!!!!!old suzuki please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

lena

Jun 8, 2007
Hey can any one tell me what model this is and year i know its a 100cc 2 stroke. Im having problems with it going in forward gear. when i got it to run and i went take off it went in reverse?! i didnt think dirtbikes had reverse? please some one help

Attachments

• e9db1fda11b7.jpg
    e9db1fda11b7.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 361

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Looks like a DS100 to me, if you get the 17 digit VIN number off the steering tube we could tell you the year. Running in reverse will be a timing issue.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
well, I'm no mathemagician, but looking at that vin, it says DS100 right off the bat, so I'd think it was a DS100.

usually, if you can find a clymer manual for the bike, they will have several years included, so your's will probably be in there. If you take that vin to your local Suzuki dealer, they can probably tell you the year.

Then you can go here: http://www.repairmanual.com/motorcycles/1978/62/0/5441 and find a service manual for the bike.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
It's approximately a 1980+- DS100. Search google images and you will find some that match up.

As for running backwards, many two strokes will under the right circumstances.

It may be something like the woodruff key holding the flywheel in alignment has sheared. This will mess up your timing. Or it could have been improperly set. Or the timing is fine and it just happened as a freak occurrance when the bike kicked back on you.

Not positive re: anything on a DS100, but there should be a cover over the flywheel on the left hand side, lower portion of the motor. Remove that and take a look for any timing marks. In most cases, you will have to remove the flywheel to check and adjust the timing. Flywheel removal may require a special puller. The manual will tell you about that part.

Top Bottom