weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Heres a pre production VOR 450 Enduro used at the Colorado 500 last week where it was riden by a fellow named Rudolph Bradley. He finished the event and had no problems with the 450. He was also voted "Rider of the year" for this Colorado 500 event.

VORWJL3.jpg

Heres a close up of the electric start and oil pump..gota look carefully

VORWJL4.jpg

Boy its nice to have a good dealer!!!!

Gona try that 450 this week.:D

Last edited:

grissel

Jul 22, 2001
Your Vor is still in good nik.
Ive got a 2002 530en on order. If you have riden this 450 yet can you tell
me if Vor have increased the lock to lock steering?
(By the way,your bike review swayed me to buy the Vor)
And i wish someone would put up a Vor fan website, because im sick of translating italian sites. And while im at it, have you heard of anyone trying a 43mm fcr keihin carb on a 503-530.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I just serviced the 450 today. ( I Volunteered the time and they took it...the dealer that is) It was the one used by our local dealer at the Colorado 500. It had 600plus HARD miles without any problems. It was dirty, but in good shape considering the abuse it took! So I washed it. Changed the oil & oil filters. Cleaned the air filter. Changed the rear tire as the one on it was plain wore out! Put a Dunlop 755 rear on it. Checked the spokes. Etc. ( Brad donated the parts)( See; we are treating it very well if anyone from VOR is watching!) Moving it around the shop made me want to increase the lock to lock on that 450....I had talked to our VOR guy on monday and he was concerned about the fork interfering with the Radiator cap if turned too far. So I just yanked out the stop adjustment screws to see.....it doesn't interfere. So I put the screws in with out the lock nuts and got more than enough lock to lock movement. The fork JUST clears the radiator cap...but it DOES clear it and its OK to increase the lock to lock as I did. At least on this 450 it's OK.

I noticed it has a sump screen and a different style oil filter than the 2001. Guess the new 2002 oil pump engines have substantial up grades for the engine oiling. (When changing the oil filter; I used a tie wrap to hold the oil line out of the way until the new oil filter was in. That worked well. Just clipped it when I put the oil line back on the filter cap.)

I have to say that spending the time I did left one overwhelming impression. The new frame looks SOLID. Very strong looking. Hope to ride it Thursday to see if it feels as good as it looks.:)

I want either the 400 or 450. from what Brad said, the 450 runs as well as our 503's. The 530 might be too much unless your an ANIMAL!:scream:

I haven't riden either yet so when I do, I'll let you know my opinion on that subject. ( I think my 503 is the best of all worlds power wize):)

I don't know of anyone trying a Kehien. I do know of folks finding more top end ...but I won't post that here; email me if you actually NEED more after spending time on that 530. My guess is your going to have that power itch scratched very well with your new bike.:eek:

Last edited:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
First impression of the 450 enduro is as follows;

1) It feels very light on top vs. the old chassis. It feels almost CR Honda like ( please forgive me VOR guys) in the way it turns and can be tossed around. Its also very narrow. Can crawl all over that bike. lots of room. This one has pro-taper bars..nice touch.

2) E-start...but it kick starts easy enough I didn't use it.

3) The rear suspension is much better on the stutter bump stuff.

4) Front...don't have an opinion yet.

5) Motor doesn't have the snap of my 503. Softer and smoother. But remember this is a Enduro bike. Feel like it has more flywheel. Doesn't burst it just pulls

6) Did I say it turns like a 250 MX bike?

7) Can heel that thing WAY over...very light feel to it.

Its different. Bet its WAY better in the single track. The transition from straight to turn is effortless.

I haven't had time to get to a MX track....thats tomorrow.

Got to say its way different than anything short of a true MX bike. Its a LOT shorter in the seat hight than anything I have riden in a long time. Even MX bikes. When I sit on this bike my feet are FLAT on the ground.

negatives?

Harder to get to the carburator. Every thing is much more compact.

Thats the trade off. Super low center of gravity. It has a super solid feel to it.

It also has a oil pump now and the oil has to be very low before the pickup can't draw enough oil to keep thing spinning. I guess in really long races that can be important.
:)

Nice machine. It will be at the dealer in Colorado for a while.:)

Last edited:

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
weimedog......VOR Question

Obviously you be the man for VOR questions......
Looking at a new ride for me.....(13 and 14 year old boys are scoring the Wr-250s)....go figure.....teens......
Saw a 503 EN (2001) yesterday and the dealer is really 'pumped' to move it......good end of year deal.
Have you ridden one?
My ride for the last oh.....10 years has been my CR-500....which I love to tears.......power, etc......but its time for fresh stuff......I am going to go to a new 4 stroke......just torn as to which one.......:silly:
Also have an oportunity at the Husaberg 650 with the electric start.......just going to come down to what you DRN'rs recommend etc......and dealer intitiatives.......
Mostly woods riding for me (scrambles etc), play rides with the kids, sand dunes, and some moto........kind of a big kid......6'3"..220 without gear!

Thanx!
HR
:cool:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I have several hours of ride time on a 2001 EN 503. The local dealer has one he has used as a demo, personal bike, and enduro event bike. He has over 2000 miles, 7 enduro's, and a bunch of time with guys trying to find things wrong with it...(demos). Its been to this point trouble free. A solid bike.

Coming from a CR500 won't be that big a deal. It will handle different and the four stroke characteristics are goofy at first. The power is actually very similar in amout to what your used to...just the delivery is different. The EN503 has TONS of grunt off the bottom. Its not as explosive as your CR but it actually pulls about as hard. I also have several CR's in my past. Where the CR just explodes into wheel spin, the VOR hooks up and hauls ass. The CR has more on top. But not as much as you might think. The VOR 503 EN flattens out after midrange a bit. (The V-Cross just starts kicking in mid range)

Chassis is all different. They carry their weight in a similar way. The Honda turns better partly because of its geometry and partly because it carries the weight a little lower. The VOR is very stable, but is a neutral handler. With the large but controlable grunt off the bottom, just rolling on power can really help turning in the tight stuff PLay that game with a big bore two stroke and you need to find a spot to land in..but the VOR is SO controlable its easy. Awesome motor. For a four stroke it carries its weight low as well. (The new VOR's are increadable in that area...they feel very much like a CR250..no kidding). The forks on the VOR EN are actually pretty good for trails. They are valved pretty soft and compliant. The Shock is a little harsher but still pretty good.

If it were me I would change the stock bars ASAP. They make the VOR feel funny. Put the CR bend bars on (like I did) and thing feel much more natural. Also either take one tooth off the front sprocket or add 3-4 on the rear and its even better in the tight stuff. Brad's (the one I have riden) lives in the rocky mountain single track. I took it out on the MX track an beat on it for a day when it was new. It actually did very well...lights and all.

You would not be making a bad move with the VOR. Its solid. E-mail me and I can detail stuff more...makes for too long a post on this web site.

I would also get the dealer to pitch in a set of CR bend handle bars. I just couln't get used to the VOR bars....putting CR bars do a world of good for me. Also either drop one tooth on the ront sproket or add 3-4 on the rear for the really tight stuff.

Starting...If your dealer doesn't know how it goes like this. No Choke. No Throttle. Kick slow until the auto-compression release on the handle bar goes "click". Let the kick start to the top. Push through the entire stroke. If it did start, try one kick with choke and then back to no choke. If that doesn't work the thing is jetted wrong. Mine is a one or two kick starter hot or cold. So is Brads.

I can also help if you need tech hints and where to get parts and stuff. The local dealer has a website. He has lots of insight on the 2001..as I said before he has lived with one for quite a while now.:)

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Mika Ahola just overalled the 2001 ISDE on a VOR 530EN and took second (would have one if not for faulty plug cap) in the world enduro series on the old 503EN (500+ 4-S). I think weimedog is on to something here.

Top Bottom