GSIGN

Apr 10, 2007
One of the PVs in my 2000 RM125 broke so I replaced the valves and piston. The bike is all stock and seams to run well.

A few guys came over today rode with me for most of the day.

One guy had a 2003 YZ125 (stock), I ran his through the gears a few times and was impressed with the power it had over my 2000 RM125. The YZ pulled better off bottom and mid. It actually started to lift the front 3/4 through 3rd gear. I weigh 185 lb and don't have a problem holding the front down on a 125. My RM is geared down to the max for tight trail riding. I would expect it to pull harder in the first few gears due to the low gearing.

The RM feels/sounds crisp, it will pull smooth from a very low rpm and pull hard all the way, but it doesn't have the power of the YZ.

I am not happy with the RM's performance now that I rode the YZ.

Should I expect a 2000 RM125 to be very close in performance to that of a 2003 YZ125?

After doing some searches here, I will pull the side plate and check the power valve actuator for full travel. I will also remove the reeds and check them. The reeds are most likely original.

Any advise or thoughts, other than to stay off newer bikes, would be appreciated...

Top Bottom