yamahonky

Jul 2, 2004
I have a problem with my bike. It usually pings a little bit(once or twice when It gets really hot) but the other day I went riding at about 35 degrees and there was some snow on the ground! Whenever I would be let off the gas or driving slow it would ping about every second or two! :yikes: It shouldn't because there was headwork done on the bike to stop the 490 from pinging. I am running 93 octane pump gas with octane booster. The clip is at the top, but it runs clean and doesn't ping once I open it up. I guess I should richen the air screw but it's really nice not to foul plugs... What should I do?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Your problem may be that the colder weather leaned out your air/fuel ratio. Try and richen up the pilot circuit for the colder weather and see what happens.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
also check your motor mounts!!! on my kx i rode for a day and every time i let off the trhottle my motor sounded like is was about to blow up, and when i got home i saw that it was only a motor mount :bang: :bang:

yamahonky

Jul 2, 2004
I will check me motor mounts before I do anything, that could be it because when the motor is under a load it doesn't ping :coocoo: and when I let off or idle, it makes the noise!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom