rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
the guy i bought my son's kx 60 from also had an old 50cc bike. it was all pimped out for racing, and he said that it was built the year before the cobra's came out. i can't seem to remember the year he said or what the name of the bike was. does anyone know? and if you do know, are they any good?

the guy said he wanted $400 for it. thought if it was a decent machine, i might go get that one too.

thanks

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Well it should be a 93 if its the year before the Cobra. I'm guessing a LEM because they were pretty big back then. Maybe Action but I'm not sure if they go back that far. Would be a decent learner bike. If it uses the Franco Morini motor you will probably be able to still get parts for it. Go snap a pic and post for us to see.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
i'm pretty sure its not a lem, and i think he said the company was from florida, but i'm not sure. it is yellow though, and it does have the Franco Morini motor. maybe i will call and ask him what it is.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
well, i soke with the guy again. he said it is called a wasp, and is from florida. he want's $400 for the bike, but he said it nneds a new clutch that is somewhere between $100 and $300 to fix.

sorry, no pic. someday, when i'm done buying riding boots and helmets, maybe i can get a digital camara.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I'm pretty sure Action made the wasp. If the clutch is smoked you can take a dremel tool with the sand drum on it and sand the glaze off the clutch shoes. Then dremel the clutch basket to deglaze it and the clutch will work pretty good. Never as good as new but it will hook up and ride pretty good. I think the WASP was a morini motor too? if so you can drop the Cobra clutch in it. $250 ($150 for shoes and $100 for arbor) or the two shoe KTM clutch is about $90.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
thanks for the info! i would like to get it, but as most of you know, it all comes down to my sales pitch to the little woman.

wish me luck!!!!

just out of curiousity, is that a fair price for a bike that old? it's looks like everything else on it is in order.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I think fair price is realative. They were fairly expensive to start with but after a few years the price drops like a rock because they are no longer competative at mx. I just sold a 99 Cobra for $1100. They cost $3400 new. The 99 is a great beginner bike but if you want to compete with the new bikes it just doesn't happen. A year ago I could have gotten $1600 for it around here.

MikeeeP

Dec 7, 1999
The biggest thing you have to remember is HP numbers too. The little Action was actually one of the faster SR minicycles out there when they first came out. Find out which carb it has, is it the SR or JR model? There is a website for Polini, I think it's something like www.50ccracing.com or something similar. They advertise in the back of all the mags. That would be Tim DeNardis' company that made the Action. I heard a rumor last week that they sold the company though, so not sure about that...
Mikeee P

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by MikeeeP
The biggest thing you have to remember is HP numbers too. The little Action was actually one of the faster SR minicycles out there when they first came out. Find out which carb it has, is it the SR or JR model? There is a website for Polini, I think it's something like www.50ccracing.com or something similar. They advertise in the back of all the mags. That would be Tim DeNardis' company that made the Action. I heard a rumor last week that they sold the company though, so not sure about that...
Mikeee P

Funny.  A rumor was floating about Branson and Texas that Cobra just got sold off to Someone in Mich.  I wonder if what you hear was just the same rumor after hitting the  Mill?

Top Bottom