90cr250

Nov 7, 2005
I just want to know if anybody is running an older cr 250. say early 90's. what all do you guys have done to them? as far as motor work and body. any pics?

Okiepikapp

Oct 12, 2004
I have a 93 Cr250, as of now "mods" are: JM Racing Tuned Suspension, FMF Fatty Pipe, Aktive Reeds, Renthal Sprokets, DID O-ring Chain, UNI Air Filter, Acebris Plastics (black), gripper seat cover and Renthal Rider Bars. Right now it runs very nicely, kind of a jolt when the PV opens but, thats standard. I am most likely going to send the top end off to Eric Gorr for his 265 kit with Mo Better porting. I have heard rave reviews about it. But, I love my bike and she is very nice!

I have a picture, but can't figure out how to post it. If you would like, I can email it, or some nice DRN'r can help me get it up!

Scott

samiam

Jan 3, 2000
I have a '94 CR250 in great shape with a Pro-Circuit pipe and silencer. The suspension has been revalved for woods work and it runs great, other than being a little bit stubborn to start when it is cold. Guys with more modern machinery often take a ride on my bike and come back telling me how nice it is! That's surprising to me for a bike that is over 10 years old.
Greg

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
1993 CR250 with 265 kit. FMF Fatty pipe, 11oz flywheel weight, all black plastic, Factory FX seat cover and graphics, aluminum skid plate, aluminum bark busters, boysen reeds. I love my bike. I look after and maintain it to a pretty high degree. It's as fast in the bush on trails as anyone else. Others on newer CR's are quite impressed after a test ride, thinking they paid 2X more for their bike. Just ordered new sprockets, chain, sliders, rollers, brake pads, wheel bearings and seals, and all new plastic. It's the off season now, she'll be looking real good again for spring riding. I have the $$$ if I want a new bike, but really there is no need. I love this steed, it has served me very very well.

Top Bottom