One bike, or more?

One bike for everything, or multiple bikes for different types of riding?

• I ride one bike on all terrain

Votes: 104 57.8%
  • One bike for track, another for trail, etc

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • I have more than two bikes

Votes: 61 33.9%

• Total voters

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sometimes having someone to ride with is invaluable. I won't trail ride alone. Track, maybe as there's usually quite a few others there to help if I should wad myself up. I would love to find an old xr200 or something really cheap to let my inexperienced friends beat around on.

ponyboy204

Nov 16, 2009
I have a true 4 strke thumper tt500 1979 ,its big and tractor like,The torque is mind blowing1 I use it for Big hill riding. I also have a vintage yz100 to sguirt around on {camping bike = a 1980 mx 80!} I just bought my daily trail rider 99 kdx200 and couldnt be happierI didnt want to tear up my vintage stuff,as they are harder to get parts for.So I just joined this site cheers

kx250rider805

Dec 4, 2009
I have a Suzuki DR650 for trails (street-legal), and my KX250 for MX, and a couple of old CR125s for fun in the mud. I have a paddle tire mounted on a spare wheel for the KX250, although I haven't ridden desert or sand dunes.

Charles

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
I just have an 1994 RM125 for woods riding, track riding, and field running. :cool:

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I ride a yz250 for everything, and when you get acquainted with your bike even a mx'er like a yz is easy to control in the woods with good throttle and clutch control.

If I were in your position, I would sell the kdx and use the money to either buy a 250 2stroke and either make it a bit more woods tame with a flywheel weight (or just leave it and really learn the bike), or I'd go with one of the ktm xc series bikes. A buddy of mine really likes his 300exc/e and it does pretty well everywhere, although I do have to say that the non-linkage definitely shows it's weakpoint on the track. That being said, if you're not planning on racing mx, it would be a great bike for your application.

saqmuel

Jun 23, 2010
yes! to everyone. i thought i was spoiled with 1 dirtbike. than i got my yz 125, and thought of selling my 150 until i realized what will i do when this new bike needs work done on it?? i mine as well keep my 150 as a back up play bike and a reliable trail bike. so in my personal opinion 2 bikes at least unless your a person who only rides a couple times a month.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Getting the proper bike for the particular application is priceless. Ever try off roading in a Cadillac Eldorado? They do surprisingly well for a street car, except jumping! Having more dirt bikes is akin to some women and shoes. NEVER enough. Vintage Bob

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Yep, added 1 more. 2005 CRF450, will not be non-current till next year? But, its red! For now. 5 running old junkers, some race ready. I am looking at a mint old xr80 tomorrow. I am beginning to believe I am a dirt bike hoarder? Much better than magazines and dolls!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…