One Industries Terminates Contract of Ryan Dungey

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Vic said:
Dungey just doesn't want to be associated with a jackass punk like JL. It's not complicated.

+1

I can't stand "J-Law"... I tend to wear Fox gear anyway, but sponsoring "J-Law" makes me never want to even consider One Industries gear...

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
That's fine if RD doesn't want to be associated with J-Law, but I'll bet ONE doesn't want a rookie rider dictating to them who can and can't be signed by their company. The door swings both ways and RD needs to learn to seperate personal stuff from business. Like it or not, J-Law was the 08 Champ and RD was not...where does he get off telling ONE he'll terminate the contract if they sign J-Law?

I like RD and do not like J-Law, but this just wasn't right on RD's part. If it were me, I would have gone ahead and done the whole "good vs evil" ad's, gin up some publicity, cash out and just bite my tongue about how I really feel about the guy. It would do more to show he's not in his head too. Or you can get butthurt and make threats to quit your contract which makes him look like a snot.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'm not in Dungey's shoes. Who am I to dictate what others "should" do? Bottom line, RD at least stands for something. Think about this: Dungey has a history of saying "no" to the companies throwing big salaries at him. "I don't deserve that kind of money, I must first prove myself." :whoa:
Something's strangely attractive about that type of "being different" huh?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
tweek49 said:
I just don't see what the big deal is. Terminating a contract just because he was on a team with someone he doesn't care for? That's something I barely even see in high school, the teenage girls at least act like they like the other one THEN talk **** behind they're back? :ugg:
The big deal is JL has been doing everything he can to get under Dungeys skin or into his head- often by dirty tactics. Dungey was signed by One industries as their premier rider and then they bring in the one guy who's goal is to do anything he can so Dungey is no longer the threat to him. How can you say you would want to share space with JL if you were in Dungeys boots?
In the end One Ind got a lot of publicity and Dungey got some dam good looking gear as well as a nice paycheck. I don't think after this initial reaction blows over One will get their moneys worth from JL like they would have from Dungey

tweek49

Dec 30, 2006
oldguy said:
The big deal is JL has been doing everything he can to get under Dungeys skin or into his head- often by dirty tactics. Dungey was signed by One industries as their premier rider and then they bring in the one guy who's goal is to do anything he can so Dungey is no longer the threat to him. How can you say you would want to share space with JL if you were in Dungeys boots?
In the end One Ind got a lot of publicity and Dungey got some dam good looking gear as well as a nice paycheck. I don't think after this initial reaction blows over One will get their moneys worth from JL like they would have from Dungey

But how is being signed to the same team a dirty tactic?

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
tweek49 said:
I just don't see what the big deal is. Terminating a contract just because he was on a team with someone he doesn't care for? That's something I barely even see in high school, the teenage girls at least act like they like the other one THEN talk **** behind they're back? :ugg:

If MX were like high school J-Law would have been expelled a long time ago.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
tweek49 said:
But how is being signed to the same team a dirty tactic?
I am not saying his signing was a dirty tactic by either JL or One ind- he saw a big paycheck (and way to tweak Dungey) while One ind saw a great publicity surge. I was referring to JL's behavior towards Dungey last season and this as well. He just can not resist the chance to get into Dungeys face or head any way he can. Would you really want to have to sit down and pretend to be friends with a jerk like that as a team mate? Teammates might not like each other at times BUT they need to work as a unit for the team and not try to destroy each other

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
There is a point, where a mental edge is all you need. Ever crash bad, the next time you get in a similar situation, you think about it, you lose. I started a thread once about riding with a song "IN YOUR HEAD". The people that took it as riding with headphones was ridiculous! It is possible to beat people before you even put your bike on the starting gate! I knew a professional boxer once, he paid a guy to help keep him focused. And the proof is in the results. Where did JL finish round 2? Its one thing to fix your bike, figure a faster line, but once its in your head?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
There is a point, where a mental edge is all you need. Ever crash bad, the next time you get in a similar situation, you think about it, you lose. I started a thread once about riding with a song "IN YOUR HEAD". The people that took it as riding with headphones was ridiculous! It is possible to beat people before you even put your bike on the starting gate! I knew a professional boxer once, he paid a guy to help keep him focused. And the proof is in the results. Where did JL finish round 2? Its one thing to fix your bike, figure a faster line, but once its in your head?
Exactly- Spider had that same thing from both directions even though he wasn't the fastest by far. While racing his final season in B class there were many kids that when they saw him on the line right away told themselves they were racing for second place. They knew he was very consistant and capable of winning. Then when he moved to A class he would look down the line and mentally figure who was there and what place he would fit in. Strange thing he usually placed himself pretty close position wise often because he convinced himself he couldn't run with the other guys.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
oldguy said:
. . . Teammates might not like each other at times BUT they need to work as a unit for the team and not try to destroy each other
Indeed, Oldguy, indeed.

letbrockbyebig.jpg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have to get that copy of moto x files, with the extended, not shown on tv stuff with BH. How many names do we know in that pic? Or, let me guess, already been done?

Top Bottom