Online Bike Shopping

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Need to find a new 450 within the next few days and I have a 12 hour night shift to kill so any sites to help me find the best deal on a leftover 09? Brand undecided but likely another green one. So far Green and Red for $5800 and Blue (actually white) for $4800 are the best I can find. Found an 08 CRF450 new in the crate for $3995 :yikes:

Beat the heck out of E-Bay last night as well as cycletrader.com, any other sites that are worth exploring?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You are changing bikes already?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Yes and no. Troy has decided he wants to be on a 450 from here on out for a multitude of reasons, but being a broke college kid was making the switch a no go. To help him, I traded him my 450 for his 250 since they are both new 09's and his 250 actually has less hours on it than my 450. I had planned to trade his 250F for a 2010 KX450F but about choked on my tongue when the numbers were crunched, I also had it advertised for sale locally while waiting to complete the trade.

I'd since decided I would race the 250F as it likely would not change my results any but lo and behold a young fella came along and paid the magic number for the 250F so now I am essentially bikeless.

I absolutely love the 09 KX450F and will likely get another but it's a tempting carrot when the 09 YZ450F SE with the black wheels is a full grand less than the green bike and the 08 CRF which many still feel is the best 450 to date is a full 2k less.

B

biglou

Have you talked to AJ? And there was this one place near Memphis that used to have some pretty good deals, but it was pick up only. edit: www.abernathycycles.com

All things considered, I'd be all over that 08 CRF.:nod: Buy it, then stop looking! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Both the 08 CRF and the 09 YZF are tempting but I went for the 09 Kawi the first time because I wanted to get the newest FI etc as I planned for it to be a 3 or 4 year bike for me. Going with either of those options leave me with a dated setup. Then there is the fact that I already have a spare Kawi wheelset for practice days, a holeshot device and a few other goodies specific to the KXF and that leads to me getting another green one most likely.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Doug - I think a new 08 CRF450 for a killer deal would be hard to ignore.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Rich Rohrich said:
Doug - I think a new 08 CRF450 for a killer deal would be hard to ignore.

Apparently not hard enough, just picked up another green fo fitty :laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…