Only runs with a/f screw turned in all the way?

R1kdxrider

Dec 26, 2002
I drowned my kdx a while back I took the carb off and cleaned it out good. put it back on and the bike wont start with the a/f screw int he orginal spot. And the bike wont rev past half throttle now. :bang: I didnt touch a damn thing in the carb I just cleaned it??? Any ideas????

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
Im kind of wondering if you dont have some water in your fuel. and after you cleaned the carb and turned the fuel back on you got alot of water in you float bowl. drain the float bowl into a clear bottle, jar or something and give it a second and you will be able to see if there is water because it separates. if theres water drain your tank flush with a little fresh fuel (doesnt have to be mixed) then refill with fresh premix. good luck!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
did water get into your crank area, i had the same problem because i got water in my crank and my bike ran like crap. Its out now and runs like it should. How hard is it to start now after you drowned it? I had serious problems with that also after the water in the crank.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
How is it you could 'not touch a thing...' and clean much of anything in a carb?

There is a whole lot more to 'cleaning' a drowned bike than the carb.

And running it before you do those things isn't likely a good plan.

Sure, if you're out in the middle of nowhere...or if the race you were in is that important to you...you can likely get it running after a drowning, but the resulting condition of your bike isn't going to be good in most cases.

Did you clean the crank cavity with a light or penetrating oil? More than once? You did change the tranny oil, right?

I'm curious what screw you are referring to. What does it look like?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…