Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Well, I finally got out and managed to give the new Spider Grips Alan Heffernan sent me a REAL workout ... a 208 mile workout though Big Bend National Park to be more exact. It was about 90 percent dirt and the grips were everything promised and then some.

The day began with a fast fire road section (23 miles) that had those little washboard ripples that vibrate every filling loose for about 30~40 percent of the distance. I managed to sustain 87.2MPH (140 +/-KmPH) according to my GPS on one section that ran about a mile. The security of the grips in my hands added greatly to my confidence.

The next 60 or so miles was deep (6 inches) loose gravel two track that rode best at about 50, floating like on sand. Again the grips were wonderful allowing me to feel secure without having a deathgrip on the bars and getting arm pump.

The majority of the remainer was a mix of hardpack and loose sand roads that could best be ridden much like a flat tracker, powering into the corners, pushing the front tire to the edge of traction and then powering out steering with the rear wheel using a combination of the back brake and the throttle to control rear wheel spin.

For this old fart that is often slow, the grips returned a measure of security and excitement that I "slightly" remember from my youth.

The surface of the grips are soft like gel and cling better to my gloves than harder grips do. Mounting them was a breeze. I quick spray of WD40 and they slid right on.

Thanks Alan for the introduction and Spider Grips for the product. I will be running SGs on all my bikes from here on out.

http://www.spidergrips.com/

Top Bottom