duke

Oct 9, 1999
Here in Southern California, local rangers are becoming more aggressive in their enforcement and inspection of silencers. I have no problem with that. However, I want to make sure that my bike makes the grade noise wise. That said, has anyone ever relied on the FMF Q series silencer, and if so, what was your evaluation of it in terms of deadening the noise and its effect on power? I have a PC Plantinum pipe with Boyesen reeds. The current SA is an FMF Turbincore. I am not aware of the decible readings that it produces however.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
The TC (1) is loud. The TC-2 is better. The Q is noticeably better than the TC-2. I put many miles on with the TC (1) and the Q. I notice no difference in power, but love the quiet of the Q.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
The Q might be in order then. I have been passed by many a stealth type bike, both 2 and 4T, so noise isnt a barometer of power I know that. I assume that its irrelevant that the pipe is from another manufacturer?

rxraptor02

Aug 7, 2004
I know its a different machine... but I have the Q on my raptor. it was tested and it is 94db.

the sound from it is great. a little louder than stock but with a good grunt.

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
I have the Q series on my 220r and I love it! Not that it made any difference in power (I just replaced the stock silencer when I bought the new rev pipe) I just like the fact that it's significantly lighter and is just as quiet. Next to my buddy's 200 my bike goes "RRrrrRRrrRRrrr..." at idle while his bike (with an older TC-2) goes "BbapbapbapBBapbap!!!" and is MUCH louder! At high rpm the the difference is even more pronounced of course...

Feanor

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
THe Q on my 250 EXC is a touch louder than stock from a bystander's viewpoint, but the exhaust note is more pleasing. The stock has a tinny quality to it, and the Q has a deeper growl. From the rider's perspective, the Q seems quieter than stock. There's a good performance gain in torque and weight savings.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom