opinions on moose aluminum handguards

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I saw them at the shop and wondered if they are any good at preventing broken levers and fingers. I'm sick and tired of endlessly breaking my clutch and brake levers. If anybody has any pictures can they also post them. . . Thank you

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have some and they work just fine. I had to bend them a bit to fit right but you need to do that with most of them.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
I just loosen my perches a little bit so when you crash they just spin and no broken levers after I started doing that. The handguards are really good for tight woods when your rubbing up against branches and trees.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Do you plan on woods riding or MX? I wouldn't use them for MX. It's too easy to get you hands caught in them if you go over the bars and you'll snap your wrists. For MX you are better off getting those ACR levers that fold out of the way when you crash. Putting some teflon tape under the clamp is anothe rtrick to let the perch rotate on the bars.

If you are just in the woods them they are a must. You don't really need the plastic though, it just gets broken when you plow through deep brush and small trees...not that it happens too much :laugh:

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
If you use the moose handsheilds you want have to worry about them breaking because they are more of a rubber sheild that want break. The hard plastic sheilds will break if hit just right. I don't know about uploading pics but if I can get your e-mail I can send you some pix late this afternoon.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I am riding woods and needed some good barkbusters. I will use the aluminum handguards and the plastic hand shields. I found some pics online and my friend showed me his bik installed with them. Thanks for all the help and clearing it all up.

oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
I'm using the moose guards and have laid my bike down pretty hard. No problems.
I'd buy the smaller size plastic guards. I got the big ones at first. It looked like I had cut a basketball in half and mounted it on my handlebars.
The small ones are plenty big enough.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom