opinions on XR 250 suspension

gomojo

Jul 6, 2002
i have a 97 XR 250 that needs a little help. i love the little stroker, fun to ride, but the suspension is pretty soft and a little scary in some situations. does anyone have any information on the best suspension company to work on it or what the best fix is for me. i have heard that the XR has good valving if i just replace the springs with stiffer ones. i'm about 5'10, 195lbs and ride 30 expert class. any help would be appreciated.

shaggy829

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2001
mojo
the cheapest way to get better performance from your fork is to insatall stiffer fork springs around .46 for off road . if you want to get the bike revalved i would check out PRO DESIGN in washington.
shaggy

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
At you weight, you are going to need springs and valving to make it right. We have tried replacing springs only in a slew of XRs and they are usually too soft afterwards.

Definately try the springs first (Racetech.com is a good source) but expect to need the valving later. Buy their kits and do it yourself. XR suspension is easy to work on.

gomojo

Jul 6, 2002
thanks guys, i'll check out those options. i think the do it yourself kit is probably the way to go.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…