_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
RM85rider123 said:
the KTM is overpriced.
I was suprised how cheap the 200xc was, less than my crf. I guess it would depend on the dealer.

I wish I could help you more, Paulathin. I haven't had much experience with the Katooms, but a buddy bought an 08 KX450 which seemed to be a well built bike. Some early KX250fs had some engine issues but I would image most of the bugs have been worked by now. Just understand that either of the bikes are like miniature furmula one engines made up of extremely light weight components that don't have a very long service life. They are race bikes made to produce HP not long term reliability.

Personally, I would like to try a KTM. I have a very good dealer nearby and they are priced very well here. Do you have good dealer support for both brands?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
_JOE_ said:
I was suprised how cheap the 200xc was, less than my crf. I guess it would depend on the dealer.

I wish I could help you more, Paulathin. I haven't had much experience with the Katooms, but a buddy bought an 08 KX450 which seemed to be a well built bike. Some early KX250fs had some engine issues but I would image most of the bugs have been worked by now. Just understand that either of the bikes are like miniature furmula one engines made up of extremely light weight components that don't have a very long service life. They are race bikes made to produce HP not long term reliability.

Personally, I would like to try a KTM. I have a very good dealer nearby and they are priced very well here. Do you have good dealer support for both brands?

How much was the 200xc? I guess your 250f was around $6200 new, so I guess that is pretty cheap for a ktm if it cost less than your 250.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The ktm would have been 100 bucks cheaper out the door than the 5600 I paid for the crf.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom