Katoom

Feb 19, 2002
Has anybody ridden at either of these areas lately? When I was at florence last summer I saw a sign that said motorcycles would be required to have flags starting in October. But I just checked the Oregon OHV page and it said that flags on motorcycles are optional in both areas. I'm going to Sand Lake on Sunday and would like to know ahead of time.

Also, what is the best way to mount a flag on a motorcycle?

dodgedogjb

Jul 25, 2001
Its true. I was at Whinchester Bay over Thanksgiving and the ranger busted me first day I was there. Told me I had to get a flag on my bike before I could ride. I got a billet aluminum piece from the local shop that replaces the right axle spacer (not sure what thats called). Problem with that is a quick right turn and the flag got caught in my paddle. SNAP. Ranger busted me on the way back to camp and I showed him my broken flag and he said I had to have one before I rode again. "I don't care if you suction cup it to your helmet...just have a flag". So...yeah...you have to have one now.

I am going to rig up a piece before I go again that bolts on under the fender and has a loop for the flag to go through so its supported up high and won't flex enough to get into the tire.

Good news is I really didn't notice it back their like I thought I would. I don't pull supermans though :p

Joel

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
i saw a post on here a long time ago about a guy who mounted a small flag on his helmet he said he liked it better than the axle. couldnt find it why searchin though

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
If you are looking for a flag to mount to your helmet by suction cup, try a waterski or boat supply store. They sell flags that mount by suction cup to the glass windows. I don't know how well it'd work, but if that's what you're looking for, you can find one there. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Top Bottom