trailmeister

Nov 13, 2001
We went to oregon dunes in april and there is a ton of info online about it....do searches on oregon dunes, florence ore., and oregon orv.....you'll love it there.

Koden

May 2, 2002
http://www.oohva.org

That site has tons of info and links to the ORV areas in oregon (including Sand Lake and Florance).

I have ridden at sand lake but did not find it too impresive. I want to get down to the Florance area. That is the place to ride from what I hear. Check out the sound regs. I hear they are kinda strict about them. I believe you will also need a spark arrestor.

Have fun and post pics.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
I've been there once. The first and only time I have had a chance to ride dunes. It was a BLAST!!!! :aj: But it was really easy to get lost. Everything looked the same. How do you dune riders do it? GPS?

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
Definately check out the OOHVA site, lots of good info there. I've only ridden the Coos Bay dunes, so I can't really comment on any other spots. I do know that the Coos Bay area is much bigger than all the others.

diesel_boy

Jan 1, 2001
Yea, we looked at the layout, and everything we could find on
here, and it looks like we will be heading down to the region around Florence. Thats near Coos Bay right?
BigBore- you should come out for a ride if you arent busy.

kev_rm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
Are the oregon dunes open in the winter? The dunes in eastern wa are _slightly_ chilly in the winter (currently 19f), thinking something on the actual coast will be mild.

Katoom

Feb 19, 2002
The oregon dunes are made up of four parts. There is florence, which is the farthest north, Winchester bay, Spinreel, and Coos Bay farthest south. Florence has probably the largest flats, and access to ride on the beach. Winchester is smaller but has lots of big hills, and is my favorite place to ride sand. Spinreel has little open area, but lots of sand trails through forested areas (you can ride to Coos Bay from Spinreel, but it's a long trail with constant whoops). I haven't auctually ridden at Coos Bay but I've been told that it has the largest hill of any of the areas.

There is a noise regulation, and unfortunately they started requiring flags on all motorcycles last year.

And yes the dunes are open year round, they never get very cold, but it is wet. Have fun

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom