LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
A few weeks ago i went trail riding and it was kinda muddy... I am not too great at trail riding so i go kinda slow but after probably 10 minutes of riding my bike starts stalling, it even stalled when i held in the clutch. I know bikes can still stall like that but it just wasn't running right. Then it wouldnt start and i stalled probably at least 20 times and out of those 20 times it started up easy twice. I had to hold the bike while my friend stood up and kicked it with all his weight on it. Then about a week later i went riding in more open trails and it did the same thing probably after 5 minutes and would not start. Although it will pop start fine. I don't know if its just because its overheating? Its a 2003 yz250f. And i don't have any problem while riding on the track going 3rd, 4th gear most of the time. Then a couple days ago i was just riding around the house in 1st and second gear and i shut it off and it would not start again so i let it sit for about 5 minutes and it started up in about 5 kicks. Any ideas what it could be? Or is it just overheating? Thanks :)

truckster225

Jun 11, 2009
Maybe, when it stalls, pull the plug right away. Check it to see if its really black OR wet with gas. I think its called a plug chop? Also, have you checked the air filter? Might not be getting enough air. Also, another option, your carb might need to be cleaned. The bowl could be overfilling. Then, you have to wait for some gas to evaporate before you can restart it.

Just a couple quick, easy checks. Its best to rule out the small things first.

My 2 cents. . . .

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
truckster225 said:
Maybe, when it stalls, pull the plug right away. Check it to see if its really black OR wet with gas. I think its called a plug chop? Also, have you checked the air filter? Might not be getting enough air. Also, another option, your carb might need to be cleaned. The bowl could be overfilling. Then, you have to wait for some gas to evaporate before you can restart it.

Just a couple quick, easy checks. Its best to rule out the small things first.

My 2 cents. . . .

The air filter is fine... But tomorrow ill take a look at the carb, thanks :)

Top Bottom