GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Just wanted to let everyone know that Mick flew out Saturday and has arrived in Aus. Gina flew out Sunday night and is enroute as I type.

Gina's Dad and I took her to the Sacramento airport last night and said our tearful goodbyes!! I've made her promise to check in AT LEAST once a week to let us know she is still alive and well. She will be staying with an Australian host farm on a 4-month work visa. She's not sure what kind of work she will be doing but it is going to be something to do with farming. I guess we can sit back and wait for the stories of her travels to kick in after she gets settled. She says she gets to spend a couple days at an island resort unwinding from the 14 hour flight and jetlag before she starts working. I sure am going to miss her!!!! :ugg: :whiner: I've got her gear bag in case she needs me to ship it out, she was hoping to find some other dirtbikers in Aus!

Mick is moving back permanantly but has plans to return to the states in September sometime for a ride in Mexico. He's already got an '04 KTM450EXC waiting in Aus for him and also a "UTE" (Utility Vehicle) to drive around in. He intended to post and say good bye to everyone he's met through DRN and at dirtweek but since he stayed up packing til 4:30 am Friday night, he did not get to it. He wishes everyone a fond farewell. He's got his first MX race in Tasmania lined up for next week and should do well :thumb: Gina, his good friend Mike and I took him to the SF airport Saturday night and tried to get him liquored up before his long flight out. We will all miss him :ugg:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sad to hear them going under. Hope I can get down there sometime to visit.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Too bad Mick won't be coming back to DW this year... what a character! Good guy too.

The adventure begins! Ah... to be young again.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Okiewan said:
Too bad Mick won't be coming back to DW this year...

Well, you never know, he swears he's coming back for a visit in September for his birthday ride in Mexico and he might just stick around long enough for a trek out to Dirtweek.

:thumb:

Top Bottom